Home Selling in Pismo Beach>Question Details

John Childers, Home Seller in Pismo Beach, CA

Is this a good time to sell my home in Pismo Beach or would 2014 be best?

Asked by John Childers, Pismo Beach, CA Fri Apr 26, 2013

Answers

10
The local real estate market has seen an uptick as we head into prime real estate season, sparking a lot of keen interest as to what is the value of property. Obviously, a number of variables come into play, besides the primary consideration of supply and demand. To that end, there is no question that numbers of people have been on the sideline for some time, and we are seeing more faces, fielding more inquiries, and writing more offers. And, no doubt, low inventory has had a definite impact on serious buyers, in addition to making less relevant buyers still in the frame of mind to attempt only low ball offers, to no avail. Without question, this bodes well for those interested in selling right now. Will this trend continue?
Both buyers and sellers acknowledge things can change quickly, via manipulation of the central bank's policies, resulting in artificially low interest rates, suspect low inflation, and uncertain national, state, and local budgetary considerations, which weigh heavily on the long term psychology of the market, and stability of the confidence level of the public.
As to what happens next, the public is still very cautious of the recent pass, but they are buying properties priced right, for now.
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Frankie Ciano
Ciano Real Estate
805-748-1026
Now is a great time to sell. Next year the prices of homes may be higher but the interest rates may be too and therefore fewer buyers. Our office is located in Pismo Beach and I would be happy to sit down discuss your options. I know choosing an agent to sell your home can be difficult so choose wisely and if from this site - read the profiles and look at the recommendations. Give me a call if you have additional questions or to set up an appointment.
Kelly Sans, Realtor®
Century 21 Hometown Realty
1160 Price Street
Pismo Beach, CA 93449
Cell: 805.748.9402
Ofc: 805.773.2100
Fax: 805.773.2435
kellysans@C21home.com
http://www.C21Home.com
DRE Lic# 01239944
There is no difference between selling a real estate investment and a common stock except that when you sell a stock, you know within seconds how much the stock is worth and how much cash will be in your account when the stock sells.

Real estate has more variables compared to stocks in that the value of the property is determined by several factors: condition, interior size, lot size, view and most importantly location. However, a real estate professional should be able to give you an idea of the value in order to make an educated decision on how much cash you will have in the bank when the real estate sells.

If your home has a significant amount of equity, you will be able to make a significant profit. How much profit would your decision.

In regards to the actual real estate market on the Central Coast today, due to the phenomena of having a reduced inventory in several price points, if your home is priced near market value, it should sell in a short time, with multiple offers. However, if you price the property significantly higher than market value you may be waiting a long time before you receive an offer.

If you want to wait until 2014, you should also consider that interest rates will probably be higher in a year, which can reduce the value of your home.

If you have the equity in your home and you want to sell your home, there may never be a similar opportunity in the future to sell a home as quick as you can today, due to the low inventory phenomena.

You can go to my web site to view homes in Pismo Beach that are similar your home to see what they are listed for. http://www.dnorwood.com/PISMO.aspx - Or, with my appraisal experience, I would be happy to let you know the value of your home so you can decide if there is enough profit in your home to sell.

Additionally, if you would like a list of homes that have recently sold in Pismo Beach and or your neighborhood, please give me a call at 805-471-0828 or email me at David@DNorwood.com

David Norwood- Central Coast Real Estate

http://DNorwood.com
I have to agree with the others--we know the market is brisk today and prices are ascending. Much of the time homes are getting multiple offers and are going pending within days so you don't have to be inconvenienced with having your home "show ready" for a long period of time and sellers are getting higher prices. We don't know what the market will be like in a year. If interest rates creep up and a number of homes come on the market, the real estate market should enter a more "balanced" market from the seller's market that we're in. We would be happy to discuss your situation with you. You can reach us at 805-709-7646 (Spencer) or 805-709-8535 (Margaret) or by email at team@oceanbreezerealestate.com.
It is a GREAT time to sell in Pismo Beach or anywhere on the Central Coast. We have fewer homes available than people wanting to purchase and that hasn't happened for a long time. Interest rates for purchase loans are still great and prices, though creeping up, are still less than previous to the bubble bursting. All this has combined to give us a very active market so if you're considering selling, give me a call or text at 805-235-0905 and we'll chat!
I've always said that if I could predict the future accurately I'd be on TV and my pay grade would be higher!

I don't know about 2014. The housing market is a symptom and signal of a number of economic and fiscal factors.

What I know is that now is the best time to sell in the past 7 or 8 years.

Best of luck in whatever you choose.
This is an excellent time to sell for several reasons. First, the inventory is low which means that Sellers are experiencing multiple offers. Second, the interest rates have remained low allowing buyers a greater buying power. There is no crystal ball to know how long this will last, but we certainly know it is happening right now. Third, home prices have increased in San Luis Obispo County 10% over the past year. This is largely due to the low inventory and low interest rates. My experience is that properties I am listing are in escrow within a week having received multiple offers and the price has been bid up over asking price. Feel free to call me and get a market analysis completed for your home.
We can't accurately predict the future, but we can go by recent statistics to guide us. I can tell you, the inventory is low, which means homes listed at a good price are going into contract in less than 30 days. However, the prices have not climbed up yet, which could be expected if we continue in this trend of low inventory.
I only represent home buyers, never sellers, so I may not be the ultimate authority, but this is your decision and should be based entirely upon your needs and desires. I can tell you that the market has tightened up which is not so good for my clients but may be good news to you. This change is happening more quickly than pretty much everyone expected. Will this trend continue through next year or the next or the next? Anybody who can accurately predict the future isn't working for a living and offering advice.
They're your dice; it's your turn:
You roll the dice, and you takes your chances.
Next year, you can't go back and say "shoulda, coulda, woulda".