A.c. Cargill, Home Seller in Raleigh, NC

Is there an agent in the Raleigh area that actively markets houses?

Asked by A.c. Cargill, Raleigh, NC Mon Oct 15, 2012

Our house has been on and off the market all year, with 3 different agents (Allen Tate, Fonville Morrisey, and another agency). Each has listed in MLS and then virtually disappeared. They don't contact us nor even seem to want to talk to us. The latest is the worst. She has over 45 yrs of experience but is totally old school in her approach to marketing our house.

Answers

6
I would love to be able to sit down with you and go over what we do to market our homes. MLS, Zillow, Trulia and many many other sites. Plus your home would have it's own website! We believe in and love doing open houses!

Please contact me, I would love to chat!!

Mary Kay Clapp
919-561-2285
Generally I like to feature my listings on Realtor.com and I also add them to the local marketing (my husband's Chiropractor practice, Craigslist, etc.). I create full color outdoor flyers, bound indoor packets and I make sure that these are all checked regularly. If a home is not being shown consistently or an offer written within 14 days I like to check the pricing and other homes listed in the area to know what the competition is. One thing that many agents don't realize is that Realtor.com will pull up higher in the searches if the agent adds the full 25 pictures to the website. Even if the same pictures are added multiple times it'll get the attention of buyers via the ranking on the page. If the home hasn't had enough activity within 30 days I will do a broker open house to get the agents into the home. This keeps your home fresh in the minds of other agents and they are the ones with the buyers. Of course pricing is key with any listing!

Erica Anderson, Realtor®
B.S.B.A in Marketing
Deans group Realty, LLC
102-C Commonwealth Court
Cary, NC 27511
http://www.TeamAndersonRealty.com
(919) 610-5126 (Direct/Text)
What is the pricing compared to the comps?
A good online presence is key in today's market. Most buyers young and old now go online, either by computer, tablet, or smartphone to begin their search. You need an agent who understands and has access to vast online marketing and the ability to make your home stand out in the crowd. You also need an agent who is the neighborhood expert and understands how to price your home right so that it does not sit on the market for months and months, which ultimately looks bad to potential buyers. I not only list but make it a point to keep in contact with my clients to answer their questions promptly. My smartphone stays at my side day and night for just this reason. I market homes in the Triangle and surrounding areas.
In order to sell in the current market your home must show well (clean, uncluttered, staging and repairs done as needed), be priced right (based on current sold comps, not what others are asking ) and be presented at its best on line on the sites where active buyers are searching for property (MLS, Trulia, Zillow, etc) using professional photos and well written descriptions. Buyers search on line to decide which homes to visit in person and will only buy if the property looks good and is reasonably priced. I can help you with the pricing and preparing and specialize in high quality on line marketing. I would be glad to discuss with you in further detail.

John Goddin
919-968-2100
John@GoddinRealEstate.com
Gads, I should have stated that we've been through this and done all this. Our house is perfect. Clean. Repairs done. Yard great. Yada yada yada. We've been through this routine. As for online marketing, there is TOO MUCH RELYING ON THAT. Agents seem to have stopped trying to actually find buyers who would be interested in a particular property.
Flag Tue Oct 16, 2012
What do you want from your agent in terms of marketing that you are not getting?

Even though the market pendulum is swinging back towards sellers, it still is a tough market to set a sales price record in any subdivision, FWIW.

.
.
Agents need to do more that enter our house in MLS and then forget about us. They need to actively promote the house. Just as stores actively promote their merchandise.
Flag Mon Oct 15, 2012