acecain98, Home Seller in Santa Clarita, CA

Is there an advantage to having a brokers open when listing a house for sale?

Asked by acecain98, Santa Clarita, CA Wed Sep 18, 2013

Hi Acecain98,

It makes perfect sense to hold a broker's open house. In all probability another agent/broker will be the one to bring the buyer who places an offer on your home. The more agents to preview your home this way, the better. Also, it saves you the hassle and inconvenience of agents making appointments to view your home prior to bringing their buyers because they have already seen it!

Best of luck with your sale,

Barbara Grandolfo
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
Having prospective buyers come through your house is good. Having agents with a pool of perspective buyers come through your house is great.

J.R. Thrasher
I agree with the previous posts. The one thing I think that has been left out is the importance of building relationships with other brokers/agents.

Broker Open Houses are a great place to meet other agents (many of which you have probably spoken on the phone with or even texted with previously). It's helpful to put the face with the name! Yes, these other agents may be able to help find the buyer for that listing, but more importantly, they may be representing the seller/buyer in your NEXT transaction. It's no secret that agents want to do business with other agents that are most like them. When you build rapport with the agent community, you create an army of agents who want to show your listings! More showings = more sales.

The relationships with agents that you build over time will prove to be an asset to your clients.
Great Question.The answer is yes. Agents usually sell the neighborhood. Each agent may have clients looking for a home in your neighborhood. When they see it first, they can make quick assessments whether it is a match for a set of clients.

Broker Open houses have been around for a long time, and I do believe it's in your best interest to have a Broker's Open House.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
Definitely. This allows any agent/broker to come by during a certain period without having to make appointments, offering more exposure to potential buyers (through their agents). The question should be is there any disadvantage to not having one, and in my view the answer is definitely yes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
Only reason is to get other agents into the house to see it and talk about it to their buyers and other agents. To me it makes 1000 times more sense than an open house for the neighbors.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 18, 2013
Good question.
I was told at the beginning as a realtor that it was the right thing to do as there will come a lot of realtors to see the house but now I am not sure anymore.
It seems that the realtors that will go on these tours are the news agents or agents who have all the time to do that.
The agents who have clients for that particular house will find the house themselves and show It for their clients.
That is what my experience says after more than 10 years in the business.
M Leopold
Realtor/Broker Ass.