Matt Britton, Home Seller in 20155

Is there a website that rates the "for sale by owner" websites? What is the best FSBO website for selling a 2Ac. residential lot in 20155

Asked by Matt Britton, 20155 Fri Mar 18, 2011

zip code. I have a 2 ac. lot located at 13644 Holly Ridge Lane that I would like to sell quickly.

Answers

9
Realtors have most all the buyers under Buyer broker agreements, and you will be better served and save money by accessing all those buyers as opposed to going it on your own and not getting access to 90% of the area buyers buyers.

Hope you don;t have to learn the hard way, it is more expensive, but the bottom line is that buyers search the Realtors MLS for properties, very rarely do they look for FSBO sites, since they have only 5% of the available inventory, Why would they waste their time? GO to http://www.insiderealestate.com to see what I mean.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 19, 2011
Matt:
I understand your concerns of using a realtor. There is a misconception that using a realtor will cost you money in the long run and NET you less at closing. Consider the three following results of the Survery NAR completed in 2010 for FSBO's

→ Only 9% of sales in 2010 were FSBO’s, almost 50% of FSBO’s knew the buyer personally.
→ The Median Selling Price of FSBO’s is 29% lower than agent Assisted Sales. Simply put if FSBO’s used an agent they would NET 23% MORE MONEY..
→ A higher percent of FSBO’s need to sell their homes very urgently. IE, financial pressures create leverage to buyers, which in turn results in a lower sales price.

It is a myth, that you will get more money. If you can not find a realtor who can prove this to you in your marketplace with their personal results, i would be shocked.

ps. selling land....very very very difficult in todays market. you need to research a land "specialist" an agent/broker who has done more than 20+ land transactions or so last year...

best of luck. I know you will find the right realtor to work with.

pps. if you have found this helpful, please mark it as best answer. Thank you so much.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 19, 2011
Hi Matt

There are not really many for sale by owner websites in this area, muchless ones that get full exposure. The best way for your lot is to contact an agent and have them just put in the data for a flat fee, but have everyone contact you. The agent is only there to put your listing into the local MLS which will get many more views than a FSBO website would.

Please contact me, as I can give you information on how to list your lot on the local MLS for a one time flat fee.
Jennifer Rivera
Realtor, Army Wife, & Veteran
Move4Free Realty LLC
8848 Rixlew Lane
Manassas, VA 20109
Office: (571) 292-5377 ext 112
Fax: (703) 542-4240
Cellular: (304) 952-8735
Email Jennifer@move4freerealty.com
http://www.Pentagonhomesearch.com
Matt,

It is difficult marketing your own property and getting the best possible price as quickly as possible. You can try craigs list for free. If you don't have any luck I would be happy to meet with you and discuss the many marketing tools we have here at Long and Foster. Good Luck with your sale, feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance. Listing your property for sale with us would get you the maximum exposure you are looking for!

Rick Urben
Long and Foster Real Estate, INC
10748 Sudley Manor Dr.
Manassas, VA 20109
(571)762-6252 cell/text
Matt,

Most of the FSBO sites are geared towards already completed homes and not land. Is NVR or another local builder still completing other home sites around yours? If so you may want to contact them directly to see if they are interested in purchasing the lot. You can also list the home via a flat fee or fee for service broker (I handle those types of transactions) to get the maximum exposure for the lot.

I'm not aware of any site that rates FSBO sites and you can check with Lots & Land Magazine to see if that is an option for you.

Good luck and if I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to call.
In today's market pricing and marketing that maximizes your exposure are paramount, therefore you may wish to consider hiring an agent--as for website ratings, not sure if any exist; therefore contact a few of the for sale by owner flat fee companies and compare packages, then choose the one who has the most to offer...
Hi Matt;

I taught a class for FSBOs in the local adult education of the school district (Utah). Because of that I put together a guidebook on how to sell on your own. You can do a lot of it on your own but you can never quite get the same exposure because many of the buyers are tied to Realtors.

If you would like a copy of the guidebook (pdf) just contact me.

Then, if you end up going with a Realtor, you have to make sure you go with a good one. Visit the site below to get free tools to help you 'screen' Realtors to make sure you get a good one. They will also do the screening for you if you like.

...Craig
Matt,

Selling your home quickly as a FSBO is a loosing proposition.

If you list with RE/MAX Allegiance your home is exposed to dozens of websites.

Call me, I would be happy to discuss further.

Mark Griffin, CRS
Branch Vice President
RE/MAX Allegiance
703-863-7629 cell/text