A, Home Seller in Delaware, AR

Is there a way to find out what real estate agent/agency sold a home recently in my area? I have seen avenues

Asked by A, Delaware, AR Fri May 9, 2008

for homes sold and their price. But I can not found who accomplished the sale.

Answers

10
Ann,
This data, for all intensive purposes, is easily answered by a Realtor. Choose one, anyone you feel that has some accomplishments that can be demonstrated to your satisfaction to answer all your questions. A straight forward, professional realtor, will never try to sell you. The catch; professional. This isolates the attitude of consumers to our industry. In New York, we are known for our scepticism and sometime, unfortunately, cynism, to each industry, mainly due to mainstream, negative, media attention. It may sell newspapers, but it is definately playing with all our minds, not a good thing. I am a former educator who went into Real Estate, bringing an entirely new energy to a tired industry some 23 years ago. It is not, as it seems, so bad, if anything a more challenging industry requiring more skill, more straight forward approaches, and honest and sincere professionals.
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
There are two kinds of agents; selling agents and marketing agents. Do you really want to hire a selling agent to market your home? A Real Estate Marketing Professional will target the over 25,000 agents in Long Island and encourage them to show and sell your property.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 9, 2008
Call a local real estate agency and ask to speak to the agent on duty, they should be able to help you out.
I can do this with a simple public records search, feel free to just send me a message.
Real Estate answers are all about Trust and Belief. Find a Realtor who can access the sales data and provide it to you. It should be simple I can handle that for you call me @ 631-742-7091 log on to my listingbook at http://www.doubletheresults.com
If you are trying to find an agent to sell your home, do what a buyer would do. Google your "town homes" and see who comes up in the natural results. ie. google "Smithtown Homes" the agent you find there is the agent that buyers will find also.
Finding out who sold something in the past month means...well very little. Finding out who's a hardworker - based on their online contributions is a start. Someone who's hard working here - is most likely hard working in the "real world".
Are they full-time? - very important - you can't afford part-time
What online presence to they have? - do they have a "local" website that gets 1000 hits a month or an international company that has a website which gets millions of hits a month, has agreements with other major websites like Realtor.com and google to assure maximum exposure AS WELL AS local advertising on effective sites like mlsli.com and others.
What is their listing to sales ratio? do they know what this is? 2 to 1 is very good - 50% of inventory moving in this market means they're pricing their homes well and marketing them effectively.
What type of plan do they have? Can you read it? How often are you being consulted on progress?
How many houses did you sell last year?
How many houses did you sell last month?

I sold a house last month in West Babylon - does that qualify as the sole qualification for being ready and able to sell other peoples houses in the area? No.

Best thing you can do is get the full picture of HOW they do business. Don't be "sold" on things they say or promise. It's tough, but at the end of the day - take into consideration the agent who gives the numbers to you straight and provides a COMPREHENSIVE analysis of the market - establishes themselves as an expert and DOESN'T promise the stars to please you but rather gives it to you straight.

Avoid doom and gloomers as well. If they're beating you up on the value of your home and saying how "tough" the market is - forget it. You want positive energy!

My "Plug" - When I sit with owners - I don't want to know their personal business up front. I want to give them the reality of the market and how I'm going to help put their home ahead of the competition. I set benchmarks for the listing period and answer all their questions. Ultimately I shoot to list my properties at prices that will attract the most amount of fellow agents (very important) and buyers. Most listings are sold by two agents - so pricing it right and getting good feedback from fellow agents is key.

Best of luck to you.
Web Reference: http://www.tommcgiveron.com
Forgive me if it sounds as though I was putting down your profession. I'm not. I'm not well, over tired and a bit frustrated over this whole thing. House selling...may it never be in my epitaph. *L* I'm following family cues, soon to to betaking a long break. In time, when Mom and my energies have recharge, we will do as you have suggested and contact a pro before figuring out who to approach for the selling. And thank you for sharing, taking the time to reply, too!

I belive good sales persons fuel the world. In faith, Jesus tops my list on sales professionals. But less religiously focused, I think people who sell responsibly ought to take a bow. Selling is how cars became a standard, bathrooms got moved indoors, and better health advances caught on. Selling brings energy in for change, often goodly changes.

As real estate pros, you must get a certain personal satisfaction. You put up with a lot of undeserved attitudes and unexpected roadblocks like the present economy....and then call it challenges, draft new attack plans and move on. I imagine, you put in a lot of off-the-clock time, researching and self-schooling to be more than you were, to be better in light of competition. You're always in competition. But what I also see is that you're not just selling a product, a large expensive product; you're paving the way for someone to slip into his/her new home. You help families into new futures, new beginnings. You help sellers break from the old and move on. You bring life to communities and ample concerns over matters like education when news media might otherwise ignore it for not being flashy enough for a top headline. You work with all types of properties and semi-cryptic stats, but are mostly you career in a genuine people business. The good many of you, I'm sure.

Visiting trulia is refreshing for me, a little nobody who is trying to help Mom sell her house, seeing so many professionals taking the time to answer and ask questions. Some may be here only to plug themselves. But for the most part, from what I've been seeing, many of y'all are telling it like it is and thankfully....keeping energies alive.
Happy Mother's Day. Many blessings to you and yours.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
Thank you.
What I was looking for is a measure of agency and agent success.
You've mentioned s Selling agent, and marketing agent? Okay. The marketing agent sets up the seller's paperwork and goes ahead with advertising the place? The seller agent actually comes in with buyers and tries to get the MLS place sold? A buyer's agent is their problem, the buyer's right? And then, there is the original agency--the office that handles the secretarial aspects during the seller's contract? So, the same person could take a role as being a marketing agent and then a selling agent but secure both comissions if the home is sold?

We had a marvelous experience with a gentleman from North Carolina. I guess he is one of the Jack-of-all-trade realators. He had sellers that he had sign-on. And he did the selling and showing of homes in his area. He handled the sale or property and all phone conversations. Because he was affiliated with a large network agency, he could also make referrals...but not a specific referral to a person he didn't know, a realator around here. He's old school, knows when he offers advice that he intends to keep it as accurate as he can.....and he has this other piece of property for sale. *L* He's a kick! God bless him.
Your local real estate board, for instance in my case LIBOR ( Long Island Board of Realtors), would be of help to you.