Mary Peres, Home Buyer in 11743

Is there a waiting period to relist a house?

Asked by Mary Peres, 11743 Thu Feb 12, 2009

How long after your contract expires with one real estate broker/agency can you change and list with another?
Mary

Answers

12
Mary
Your profile says that you are a home buyer.

Assuming that you area home seller (and maybe a buyer too), as the seller you have a couple of options:

If your home is not selling I do not recommend waiting until the listing agreement expires. When you hire a Realtor to sell your home, and it does not sell, the chances are that other homes have sold since your home hit the market.

Rather than waiting and doing nothing, I would sugges
1. Talking with your current Realtor and asking them for a list of homes that have, since your home was listed,
-come on the market
- lowered their price
-entered escrow
- sold
-expired

Then ask them why your home has not sold and what it will take to get it sold. Then I'd give them two weeks to sell it. if they cannot sell it in two weeks or present a plan to you that you believe will work then simply tell them that you hired them to do a job, it's not getting done, now you need to hire someone else.

You, as the owner, can contact other Realtors even while your home is on the market and ask for their advice. Realtors are not permitted by the Code of Ethics to contact you.

Then your next step is to ask a couple of Realtors what it will take to get your home sold for top dollar. There are logical reasons why your home did not sell. You need to find out why, correct those issues, and get it sold.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 13, 2009
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
The day the house expires on your listing contract is the end of the relationship with the original real estate agency. You have the choice to sign a new contract with that firm the next day or to move to another firm that may help resolve some of the concerns you had with the original firm.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
You can do this as soon as the listing expires (at midnight of that day). Now if you are looking to relist in order to refresh the number of days on market to ZERO you will have to wait ~90 days depending on where you live.

If you are in NYC, contact me. I am a Cash Buyer myself and work with Realtors and Attorneys that specialize in traditional and creative ways of selling your house that you may not be familiar with.

I personally handle cases where Buyer's are actually waiting the 90 days to relist in order to refresh old 120 or 300 Day old listings. I work with them during that 90 day window to buy or sell their property. Note, I do not represent the Seller, I am an Investor not an Agent, I simply outline a win-win situation and take action. My 90 day window is limited compared to the 6-12 months that Realtors get. I work hard to purchase or sell the property in that time, if it doesn't work out, no harm done, the property is simply listed once again with another Realtor after the 90 days with effectively refreshes the listing.

In the past the listing refresh was right away but too many Agents abused this and simply relisted the property every month if it didn't sell which was considered unethical. Now the standard wait time is 90 days which makes sense.

All the best.
Depends on your motive. Are you looking to relist so that buyers can see it on Zillow and Trulia or are you relisting to reset to ZERO days? If you are looking to reset the number of days you would need to wait 90 days give or take depending on the area. If you just want it back in the MLS you can do it as soon as the listing expires.

If you are in NYC, contact me. I am not an Agent, I Invest but I do work with amazing Realtors and Attorneys familiar with traditional and non-traditional ways of selling your house.

All the very best.
hiMary, You are free to relist your property midnight of the expiration date. Terry K 718-614-3167 cell
You can relist as soon as you are ready, just check your commission agreement to see if your realtor tied you to a commission after expiration of the contract. In this market you want to relist asap as the longer you wait the more money you stand to lose.
Not at all. If you can relist right away since you might miss the buyer as it is off the market. I have sold over 70 houses that other brokers were unable and surprisingly enough have received offers in the first 3 weeks on the properties that are relisted right away....might be coincidence....

Luis Fernandez, ABR, CIPS, GRI, QSC, SRES, Top 1% of Westchester Brokers
The Luis Fernandez Sales Team
Keller Williams Realty Group
760 White Plains Rd
Scarsdale, NY 10583
luis@lowerwestchesterny.com
Tel 914 902-3251
Fax 914 931-1791
Cell 914 309-9383
If the listing is expired, you can relist any time after that. I would recommend that you interview several other agents before selecting a new one. Find out what their marketing strategy is. It's more important to have a good action plan rather than someone who says I'm so and so and I'm the number one agent around. It's amazing how many number 1's there are. Agents who charge little or no commission are also not the way to go. You get what you pay for. My office is in Suffolk County so if you're interested in what we may have to offer, please give me a call or send me an email. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties
631-467-0009
rwindschuh@c21princetonproperties.com
Mary,

As the owner you control the destiny of your home and can relist as soon as the listing expires with any agent you choose.

Hi Mary,
There is no waiting time once the listing contract expires. You have freedom to choose any real estate agent/company to list/sell your home...Good Luck....
Mary, I also live in Huntington and can speak locally. If your listing agreement has expired, it expired at midnight on the date listed in the papers. You can hire another REaltor at one minute after midnight.

If you need any assistance, it would be my pleasure to provide it. Contact me at Gail@GailGladstone.com for any further local information.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com
Mary,

There is no waiting time requirement after the expiration. In choosing your next agent, the blog attached to the link below might be of some help. Good luck.

http://www.trulia.com/blog/rockinblu/2008/12/i_ve_got_my_fin…