Linda, Home Buyer in Pleasant Hill, CA

Is there a tax break when you sell your first home? We own a condo and a house, was considering selling our condo but we can also afford to hold it.

Asked by Linda, Pleasant Hill, CA Wed Jul 9, 2014

Answers

3
Tax laws change so often and be difficult to give an accurate answer without a little more information. The best thing for you to do would be to talk to a good Tax Professional.

If you do not already have one I can refer you to several that specialize in Real Estate taxes.

I know several right here in Pleasant Hill that would be happy to chat with you and go over your individual unique situation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 20, 2014
You should talk to a CPA. Typically there are no capital gains taxes if you have occupied the property as a primary residence for 2 of the last 5 years. Good luck !
Web Reference: http://sellquickAZ.com
There are different types of taxes depending upon how long you've held the property. Your best bet is to consult with an accountant.