hargrove68a, Home Seller in Shreveport, LA

Is there a home inspection list available on line for home owners to review for the purpose of evaluating the home for sale?

Asked by hargrove68a, Shreveport, LA Fri Dec 6, 2013

I have my home up for sale, the few people who have come to see the home have said nice things how ever no offers have been made. I noticed most of the viewers were using FHA & other lower income home ownership programs, How would a home owner qualify a home for these types programs? Is there a list of standard requirements list that can be reviewed by a home owner who wishes to sale their home, if so where would you find that?

Answers

2
FHA loans do have some requirements regarding condition, however there's no pre-qualifying a property for an FHA or VA loan. I would suggest that it may make sense if you're concerned to have your home pre-inspected by a home inspector and then your Realtor can leave a copy of this report out as part of their marketing and can referr to your home as "pre-inspected" If there are issues that come up in the inspection, it would make sense to get any serious ones addressed before the sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 7, 2013
FHA financed properties do have some minimum standards and these issues would come up in the appraisal. Some examples of areas that would likely be a problem are:
Roofs and attics
Electrical and Heating
Water Heater
Any other hazards or property access problems
Structural issues
If you have some concerns you could get a home inspection done by a licensed home inspector prior to putting your home on the market. He would be able to give you a list of any needed repairs so that you could address them prior to getting it under contract. Also, there are renovation loans available to buyers now as well that would allow them to buy a home that needed some of the required items listed above like the FHA 203K loan product. But to get top dollar it's important to have a move in ready home.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 7, 2013
thank you that is a good idea, I just laid a new roof & have some painting to do. I had planed to sale the home as & having the home pre-inspected would help buyers see what they are looking at before they show up on my doorstep. thank you
Flag Sat Dec 7, 2013
Thank you, I had gotten the home inspection submission form from FHA that the contractors would use for their reports. If there aren't other inspection requirements, then I believe I have met that level of requirements. It is just a matter of matching right home buyer with my home now.
Flag Sat Dec 7, 2013