FSBOsuccess, Home Seller in 28590

Is the real estate market in Pitt County as dead as it seems?

Asked by FSBOsuccess, 28590 Wed Mar 31, 2010

The market still seems dead even with the first time buyer's credit. I live in a newer duplex subdivision and have my home priced competitively. I have a neighbor who lowered his home price to where he is practically giving his house away especially when you factor in real estate fees. He had lots of showings after he dropped the price, but no contract. Is it lack of buyer's or is it the banks and their current lending practices?

Answers

2
I moved out of town and was stressed about selling my home in a very competitive market. I did all the "staging" things that you see on TV: packed up all the clutter, freshened up landscaping, meticulously cleaned, etc., and was lucky enough to get an offer in 4 months, although, of course, it was not nearly what I had hoped to get for it. I feel lucky, though because otherwise I would have been paying over 1500/month for a house I didn't even live in. Plus, I got the St. Joseph statue and put it in my front yard. Good Luck.
Some segments of the market are not seeing as much buyer activity as others. However, the overall real estate market in Pitt County is up considerably from this time last year. Unfortunately for you, there's a lot of competition in the duplex market, both from resales and new construction. Some of the duplex subdivisions are seeing more buyer activity than others because of location etc. That means pricing is going to be critical for you relative to where your property is located and your competition.

Concerning loans...as long as it's a qualified buyer, getting a loan on a duplex is not a problem.

Best of luck on a successful sale in the near future.