Darin Michl, Real Estate Pro in Eden, UT

Is the market improving ? I ask because I am wondering from my agent perspective it appears to be doing better. Some polls and stats say differently

Asked by Darin Michl, Eden, UT Fri Oct 12, 2012

Answers

4
It's a seller's market all the way. If you're willing and able to sell your property for the price indicated by a comparable market analysis, you should be able to sell your home in a reasonable amount of time provided it's priced right, clean, in good repair and you follow your agents advice. Home prices are on the rise, and sales are strong for homes priced below $400,000 in the Ogden Valley. There are currently only 29 single family homes on the Multiple Listing Service priced at $400,000 and below. It's a great time to be a seller!

Buyers shouldn't fret, because interest rates may have ticked up slightly, but they're still at historic lows. If you're a buyer make sure you've talked to your mortgage broker and get approved. Do your homework to be familiar with the area. Then when you find the home you want you can act swiftly.
We have gone from over 2 years of surplus inventory to 4 month so I would say we are improving.
I would say the market is looking up. We now have more homes for sale that are not short sales or distressed and there are still some great mortgage options available for buyers.
Hey Darin,

Have you been able you check out http://pro.truliablog.com/ recently? I'd recommend checking back frequently as there are lots of relevant blog posts that will shed some light on the current housing trends.

Hope this helps!

Ali, Community Manager