Home Selling in Jacksonville>Question Details

Trulia Jacks…, Other/Just Looking in Jacksonville, FL

Is now a good time to sell?

Asked by Trulia Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL Wed Apr 10, 2013

Answers

7
Barbara Courtney’s answer
I listed my house with an agent, she told me that our price was a little high for the area but not unreasonable for what the buyer would get, she loved our house and got us to let her list it.( telling us we would sell our house to a cash buyer) Then that was it, I had to ask her why it was not being marketed right, while she was out of town again, or was entertaining friends from out of town. we scheduled an open house and it was not even advertised until I called her and asked why, she told me she was in Orlando shopping and would get it in the next day (2 days before the open house) she came to the neighborhood for 1 hour one day and talked to the neighbors one she spent 30 minutes with talking about old times, the next day she came right before dusk spent another hour talking to neighbors. Open house came and not one show up, the signs she put out on the main street was about 12" and no Balloons or anything. ( she was mad because she wanted to change the open house because she had friends from Europe coming in) so she showed me. I can go on and on about my experience with her, but I am an upbeat person and move on. My question is we had an agreement (contract) and she wrote me an email quitting as my realtor because we would not lower our asking price. our house has been on the market for 47 days, and before anyone says you are over priced for the area, you should do all the comps not ones that are short sales or foreclosures, and please do not lie to get a listing as she did. Please do your homework before hiring a Realtor, the bad ones hurt the good. I will just try to sell my house with the help of help you sell. We were told to hurry and put our house up for sale because people want a house that is not distressed, funny that when questioned about that we were told that was not the case.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 17, 2013
The Real Estate market is changing yet again. We've gone through the crazy days of a wild and woolly Buyers' market, but in the last couple of months the inventory of homes for sale has dropped dramatically. This makes it more attractive for home owners to put their houses up for sale.

As I hope you already know, it is important to have your Realtor represent you when you sell your home. I will be very happy to help you sell your home when you are ready.

Please call my office at 904-224-6012. My team and I will be happy to meet with you and discuss how best to market your home.
We are both lifelong residents of Jacksonville. We know the Jacksonville and surrounding areas very well. We work as a husband and wife team.

As experienced Listing Agents, we have the expertise, experience, and knowledge required to ensure that for our Sellers, we market and find a qualified buyer for your home as quickly as possible. Most of our listings are selling very quickly, within days of listing for sale.

We specialize in Northern St. Johns county, and Southern Jacksonville area (Southside, Mandarin area).

We offer a Free Seller's consultation and a Free market analysis of your neighborhood that will show the value of your home in today's market.

Contact us anytime for your Free analysis report and consultation.
Our marketing program works! We advertise in the newspaper and on TV and network with hundreds of other real estate professionals to find the buyer for your home.

We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about marketing and selling your home,
We look forward to talking to you soon,

And remember........we are both Lifelong residents.....born and raised in Jacksonville....
We Know the city!

Nina and Bill Bay
904-553-8518 or email: ninabay@comcast.net
Visit our website for more information on how we can assist you in selling your home.
http://www.ninabay.watsonrealtycorp.com
It is undoubtedly the time to sell! Especially if your home is in a desirable area. There are too many buyers and NOT ENOUGH HOMES! With the proper preparations and staging, a home in good condition that is priced right should sell quickly. Listings in the hottest neighborhoods are selling within the first few days. Creating a customized plan to sell your home is the way to get results.

If your home is upside down, or has negative equity, the current lienholder policies are working diligently to approve short sales. Again, accurate pricing is critical and short sales have their own set of challenges. Putting together the proper team of attorney, realtor, and CPA to guide you through the process is the first step.
It is a sellers market. Inventory is low, demand is high and homes are selling with multiple offers over asking price. So, yes it is definitely a great time to sell.

Meena Gujral
Help-U-Sell achievers Realty
http://www.helpusellachievers.com
925-425-9491
YES.. Our home inventory is low, believe it or not. When the buyers are looking for their home, I am finding if you even put your offer in first, that other buyers are right behind you and before you know it, the sellers are entertaining a few good offers, and then exceeding their asking price. Now you are in a Bidding War! Great for the Sellers, but the buyers are frustrated. If you have your home in good shape and even better ,selling it as a seller owned home, you will be surprised how quickly you will sell. Agents have to be ready and buyers have to be ready with their financing already approved. It is time to LIST!!!
Now is a GREAT time to sell. Inventory is low. Buyers are plentiful. A home priced right is selling very quickly in our area. I'd be happy to tell you more.

Give me a call or text at 904-252-6755 or email at FLRealEstate@comcast.net