Pammy, Home Seller in Keasbey, NJ

Is it worthwhile to upgrade well-kept home in Keasbey before selling?

Asked by Pammy, Keasbey, NJ Sat Oct 13, 2007

Answers

2
Upgrades are great, but even in a seller's market, upgrades typically don't offer a $1 for $1 return. And if you are in a buyers market I would definitely be hesitant without consulting with a listing broker and your checkbook first.
Ultimately, I'd say don't do it. Instead spend a fraction of the money to have the house professionally staged. Good staging will overcome anything and hands down it sells houses. And, don't try to recoup the staging cost. The shorter days on market will be worth every penny.
Best of luck,
Susan Walker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2007
Well, that depends. Are you thinking of putting in central air if you do not have it? That is a good upgrade.

But, if you are talking about kitchens or baths (which are big ticket items) I would suggest listing your home at your price and offer a credit in negotiaions. That way the next person can do it as they want.
and go with the staging idea mentioned below.
Web Reference: http://www.johnsacktig.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 13, 2007