Trod, Home Seller in Corpus Christi, TX

Is it possible for someone warranty deed property from "Joe Smith" to "Jane Smith" if the current deed is in "Abel?

Asked by Trod, Corpus Christi, TX Thu Jan 20, 2011

Jones" name?happened to me in TX Title being clouded by this issue therefore I cannot sell my home. The person who granted property has never been the owner or has any relationship to me as I am the current owner.

Answers

7
Speak with the title company where you originally closed and verify what has possibly happened. From there you can speak with their Attorney or have them recommend a real estate attorney for further action if an act of fraud has taken place.

Don Groff
REALTOR | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
512.669.5599
listings@dongroff.com
Go to a title company than employs attorneys in the office.
Not all do.
They should be able to help you or point you in the right direction.
There has been fraud going on in some places.
In some counties you can also request a fraud alert to help catch this.
Ask you tax appraisal district for more information on the alerts.
You should be able to get it straightened out.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi Trod,
I would start by taking your closing papers when you purchased the house to the Title company that closed the sale. If you received a Tile policy when you purchased then you have insurance for the title to the property. Your question wasn't very clear, but if the title company can't fix the cloud on the title and they missed it, then you'll need to get some legal advise on how to clear the deed so you can sell the property with a clear title.

Good luck, let me know if I can help you when your ready to sell.

Steve
I think you should contact the Corpus Christi State Bar Association and get a free 30 minute consultation
This is the wrong venue for this question. You need to seek legal counsel. May or may not have fraud involved but only a competent attorney can help you find out.

Bottom line is you can't sell your neighbors car and Joe and Jane Smith can't sell Abel's house.
Web Reference: http://www.phgbrokers.com
You know, sometimes we Realtors just have to be honest and say WTF?

Get with the title company and sort it out, dude.

Ronda
Do you have title insurance? If so, contact your company. If not . . . actually, in any case, call a lawyer.