Home Selling in Long Branch>Question Details

Cshaefer, Home Seller in Long Branch, NJ

Is it better to list a nj short sale with a company like http://www.njshortsalesource.com or can any real estate agent list it?

Asked by Cshaefer, Long Branch, NJ Thu Sep 9, 2010

I live in Long Branch, NJ and need to short sale my home but not sure if I should use a company that specializes in short sales or if I can use a local real estate agent closer to my home. I want to make the best decision to sell my home fast since the market is so bad.

Answers

4
I don't know if you have only ONE shot of doing this right but you should get it right on your first time. I have worked with several short sellers that have been raked over the coals from agents and attorneys who are simply not qualified. I am not a certified specialist but you don't need to be. I have a solid track record of successful short sales and references. Bottom line is that any type of realtor will do...it's just a matter of how much experience they have. Because short sales are kind of the new thing, it will be easy to misunderstand if the agent doesn't discuss things thoroughly.

It is actually quite simple. Check out our video.
Cshaefer,

There are agencies/agents that do short sales and there are agencies that DO short sales. My recommendation would be to list with an agency/agent that truly specializes in short sales (i.e., they have a dedicated staff of admins to cover those emails that comes from banks that require 24 hours to respond). The average real estate agent that is on the road, out with clients might miss an important communication and you'll never know . . . oh, boy, am I going to catch flack for this response from the newbee short sale agents . . . but, "Honesty, Integrity, Results" and the consumer are my main focus.

Francesca Patrizio, ePro, SRES
Francesca@PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRE.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 9, 2010
Dear CShafer,

As a Certified Short Sale Specialist, I along with the President of the National Association of Realtors recommends using a specialist in listing a Short Sale. Please preview my website for listings and note I am holding a seminar in Freehold on September 28th at 6:30 pm. Please dont hesistate to contact me if you have any questions http://www.shortsalespecialistnj.com
Ideally you need a local real estate agent who has a track record in completing a lot of short sales. You should interview more than one. The real estate company they work for is less an issue than their own track record in completing many successful short sales. Have them supply references. You have one shot at doing this right. Make sure you are represented by a real estate attorney who also is experienced in short sales.