Patty, Home Seller in West Middlesex, PA

Is it better to improve or sale home cheaper "as is"M?

Asked by Patty, West Middlesex, PA Sun Jun 24, 2012

My home needs kitchen updates,driveway, siding. I would prefer to do minimal and let buyer decide on what they want

Answers

5
Such a general question it really depends on the location, size of lot, market area, size of home....
And how much you owe to the bank, the net to seller you need and how does your home compare to
the buying public when they compare it to the competing homes. If the competing homes are in updated move in cond. and yours needs work, they will go for the one they do not need to do much except cosmetics.....

On the other hand as is, wonders the buyers why and they will have an inspection and do their calculation if it is worth for them to buy inexpensively and then do the redo themselves to their taste.

You really need to discuss this with a local Realtor, figure out what else is on the market, then price itwell, taking into consideration what the home takes to bring it up to par..... a few estimates at hand
would may be help you for pricing and the buyer for accepting the lower sale price with knowing what the various upgrades will actually cost.

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties.
Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....

@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com

Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere and get to know me better and
learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Dress to impress........................
Do minimal and declutter especially if you do not have the money to do so. In these parts "as is" is still subject to structural, safety and possible pest issues.
I generally caution against doing work to sell. Many times the seller will try and get away with a low priced renovation that ultimately buyers will not like. Do the necessary repairs and some cosmetics, and by all means talk to an agent
It really depends on the updates, most studies show paint to be a wise investment and carpet is usually next on the list. It is very important the home is neat, clean and well maintained with no safety concerns. Have a pre-inspection done in order to create a check list of possible buyer concerns, than disclose the pre-inspection and any corrective actions you took. Other factors which might influence the net effect of to update or not, include the area of the city in which you live, economic factors, schools and overall market conditions. A Realtor® should be able to help you with many of these items. Good Luck!