You are working with a Realtor who should be giving you guidance on this, as well as advice on what may be wrong.
It is generally true that the number one reason a property does not sell is price.
Do not be discouraged. Hopefully the home is:
- Not overpriced
-Compare you asking price to similar units in immediate area.
-Shows well (clean tidy listing)
- During showings prospective buyer are not inhibited by occupants or pets
-Easy access to listing agent
-Easy showing access
-Advertised in Trulia, Zillow ,Realtor.com and etc.
- Try email campaign to local realtors with listing information
- Have another Broker's Open
- Any leaders call and email with reduced price
- Is commission 05% or 06%?
The market has slowed but unit should sale. Good Luck!
Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty Marina del Rey
I would strongly recommend that requiring feedback be part of your marketing plan for your property. I could make the difference you need to sell your home!
what about showings???? are you having any showings???
generally if you're not getting showings the price is too high.
how does the property compare to others on the market and recently sold???
why would a buyer choose your home over competing homes???
The knowledge and experience of your Realtor is a valuable asset, so make use of it.
Realtor/Notary BRE# 01858584
Like Me On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Realtor-Marine/237174569763048
It is great to hear you received exceptional guidance and have taken prudent action.
Now it's time to assess the results.
Your real estate professional shared market information with you when you agreed to sell your home. Your agent may have updated that data since them. Here is the elements of that data you need to refer to now.
1. How many homes in your community sold in past 12 months by month
2. Home many homes like yours have sold in your community and area.
3. How many hoimes like yours, at your price point have sold in your community.
4. Home many homes at your price point have sold in your community and area.
5. Where are homes like yours selling?
6. Where are homes at your price point selling?
The above data dictates what you must do. Defying the data won't make wishful thinking come true.
Your agent will share with you analytics showing the interest level in your home.
10% of that volume should have resulted in home tours.
When those numbers are true, you are receiving the appropriate traffic. Your agentes marketing is working.
Now you must look at what are the obstacles that are preventing buyers from making an offer.
Taking a really close look at #5 and #6 should reveal the issue or present a great plan of action.
Remember, price compresses the time line. strategy is what sells a properly positioned house.
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
It is unethical for realtors to solicit an active listing.
Best of luck.
Ron Schwolsky, LEED AP, BPI
Wish / Sotheby's Int'l Realty
ca bre # 01254537 cslb # 920463
Like me on Facebook!