Cathy, Home Buyer in 27523

Is it a good time to sell on Long Island (suffolk county) or should we wait.?

Asked by Cathy, 27523 Wed Aug 15, 2007

Answers

5
I would recommend contacting a local brokerage, just going off the NY area in general inventory is relatively low and demand is high, it is a decision which must be discussed with a local pro.
Great Question! That is a personal decision based on what you need to do, for example, move to a better area for a school district, need a larger or smaller home, or if you want a retirement community, or other. It is a great time to sell because mortgage rates are at an all time low, which helps buyers afford your home. Your lower sales price on selling is helped by a lower purchase price when buying, and if you need a new mortgage. Prices are expected to stay low for 7-10 years, and possibly further. So, if you want to move, this is probably the best time. Good Luck!
Hi Cathy. This is a good question considering the new reality of the real estate market. The answer is within you as it based on your own "need" to sell. This need is something only you can answer. The other side of this coin is what would you be waiting for? Most will tell you appreciation in the current market is minimal. Perhaps you've been there for a long time and your appreciation has been good. Perhaps you're considering reitring to another state with lower taxes. Keep in mind the Capital gain tax is favorable to you and you should consult your Accountant. Good luck with your decision.
This depends on what your future committments are along with your current situation. How long you have owned the property is also a major aspect. Please feel free to contact me off line at smahabir@hillcourtrealty.com, or visit my website at http://www.stephenmahabir.com and leave your contact information.
Stephen
I'd recommend you contact Adam Waldman of RE/MAX Best in Suffolk. He is excellent, highly professional and knows the Island. As a former Long Islander and fellow RE/MAX agent, I can vouch for his integrity. He's in a class by himself!

631-357-2036

adam@adamwaldman.com