Home Selling in Tustin>Question Details

marylynndatoc, Home Buyer in Fallbrook, CA

Is it a good time to sell now or wait until next year? We'll be moving but we want to take our time in uncluttering & staging that it might

Asked by marylynndatoc, Fallbrook, CA Mon Jun 10, 2013

take 1 yr.

Answers

13
With so much technology available and so many companies claiming to have all the answers, I wanted to send you this link: http://ycharts.com/indicators/reports/case_shiller_home_pric… The folks over at Case-Shiller do a great job of just looking at the numbers in a market. They provide a historical view of where things have been and where they’re trending. Avoiding a bubble can be as simple as picking a “high” point in the market and deciding that’s where you exit the market.

Depending on your job, tax bracket, time of ownership and overall financial plan, it’s good to review how a sale will impact you more than you think. We work with financial planners on a regular basis to assist our clients’ in making the best choice not the popular one.

Feel free to call or email me directly with any questions or concerns.

William Schallmo
Director,
Penmere Realty
714-420-4435
bill@penmere.com
I always think there is always kind of a right time for each Seller, in other words often it has little to do
with the market itself, the reason for wanting or have to sell, home too small, to far from work, not the
right schools etc. etc. all can be such good reasons to move, then getting to sell at the top of the market.
Which in reality is really hard to predict.

At the moment in many markets we do not have enough good inventory, homes that are well priced and well staged, i.e. well prepared for sale so that the photos on the internet and in brochures show the home
at its BEST will be very important, then it is the location, the curb appeal, size and age of home.

You should meet with a local experience Realtor and get a good market evaluation for the current market, with all details possible, then listen to that Realtor's suggestions for un-cluttering, removing or moving furniture and any other suggestions... and then see how long you may thing this might take you.
Then put the property on the market in a very competitive price bracket.... If you need the recommendation for a good local Realtor in your area, let me know, just e-mail me your location, type of home, size, when you bought it and for how much and I will connect you with a very good Realtor.
Sincerely yours,
EDITH Karoline Jasser YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties Brokerage, 30 Green Bay Road, Winnetka, Illinois 60093
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
With so much technology available and so many companies claiming to have all the answers, I wanted to send you this link: http://ycharts.com/indicators/reports/case_shiller_home_pric…
The folks over at Case-Shiller do a great job of just looking at the numbers in a market. They provide a historical view of where things have been and where they’re trending. Avoiding a bubble can be as simple as picking a “high” point in the market and deciding that’s where you exit the market. Depending on your job, tax bracket, time of ownership and overall financial plan, it’s good to review how a sale will impact you more than you think.

We work with financial planners on a regular basis to assist our clients’ in making the best choice not the popular one.

William Schallmo
Director,
Penmere Realty
714-420-4435
bill@penmere.com
A short story on the 3 P's.

Proper
Property
Presentation

I recently was showing homes to a buyer client of mine, one home in their #1 area of choice had every single requirement they desired. Yet, they tell me "No, we're not interested in that one".

What?!?! "Why", I ask. "It looks really bad, because of the photos, we just don't like the photos."

No Way, I am not going to have a buyer turn down a property because the listing agent, who is a BROKER of his own company & has been 'in the business' for 25yrs can't shell out some money for a Professional photographer or otherwise Properly Present this Property to the market.

I go over to the house myself, the listing agent lets me take my own photos, I show them to my client & NOW they want to see it & NOW they're full blown interested in placing an offer & in their mind the value & what they're willing to pay has just shot up by $45K. Oh & the listing agent keeps bugging me because he wants MY photos to better market HIS listing. Really?

There is a serious disease out there in Realty-Land, it's called LAZIPHOTOCHEAPITIS I really don't see how home sellers don't notice when their property is being presented the world with bad photos. Yet I see it All The Time.

I'd be happy to come by & give you some great tips on Staging & give you advice on uncluttering, whether you would like to sell sooner or within 1yr. No Pressure. Just shoot me an email directly or call me, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
It is currently a good time to sell. There's honestly no way of knowing what the market will be like a year from now!
I would sell now, prices are rising. Interest rates are expected to rise by the end of the year which may decrease home prices. You can hire companies that will help you un-clutter. I have an excellent referral for you...please let me know if you would like it. From there you can then have your property staged which is always the best way to maximize the price.
Marylynndatoc

It has been a sellers marker since last fall with sellers getting multiple offers which push up the price of what you can get for your home.
That's pretty nice to see the market is getting better and buying are willing and can so this
Now with the interest rates going up which I thought wiould happen in the fall and next year thy will go up more
And now the investors are leaving the market. The market will become flat later this year maybe sooner
This is what is being seen in the market place.
Do you want to wait til next year? Probably not. I am having this same conversation with my clients and they do listen to the news and gather the same conclusion now is the best time
No one has that crystal ball and what we see is the trend that is happening in market that has happened in past.
It is a cycle The market will atten out for a period of 3-4 years typically
Will see what actually happens as time passes
I have a couple of questions contact me when you get the chance

Talk to you soon

Ingrid Ski Realtor
949-874-0432
OCAreaHomes@gmail.com
Hi Mary,
Due to the lack of inventory, homes have been selling very quickly with most receiving multiple offers. Within the last 2 weeks, the number of homes on the market have increased and interest rates have risen to over 4%. It is hard to say what the market will be like in one year. You might want to have a realtor or two look at the property and give you an estimate of what it would sell for today (in it's current condition). You may be surprised at it's current value. It won't cost you a thing.
It has “finally” become a sellers’ market here in Southern California. We just sold a property in Fallbrook that needed about a 100k in repairs and it sold in less than 5-days. If the banks start to mess with interest rates, or start releasing their backlog of foreclosures, the market could retract and you could miss the opportunity to cash in. I addition, we are in the selling season and now is especially a good time to sell.

Call me and I can give you an idea on what your property could go for and see if we can put you in something else for the remainder of the time you’re here.

William Schallmo
Director
Penmere Partners
(714) 420-4435
bill@penmere.com
It's a seller's market right now. For how long, we don't know. But if you aren't ready to sell, and if you don't need to sell, by all means, take your time.

You may be interested in this blog: Housing bubble...is there a new one forming?
http://www.kcmblog.com/2013/05/29/housing-bubble-is-there-a-…

"Prices are below their fundamental value in the vast majority of the country (91 of the 100 largest metros). Even in the parts of the country that are now overvalued they come nowhere near the percentages we saw in 2006-2007. For example, let’s look at the two markets that are most overvalued today.

In Orange County, California prices are currently overvalued by 9%. In 2006, prices in the region were overvalued by 71%!

The second most overvalued market today is Austin, Texas at 5%. Texas real estate prices did not skyrocket as they did in many other parts of the country during the last boom. Austin prices were shown as being 12% overvalued at the time."
Hi Marylynn,
I recently put a post about this on my Facebook business page: http://www.facebook.com/mcallisterhomes. There was really great article about this yesterday. http://www.businessinsider.com/its-time-to-sell-your-house-2013-6.

I think it really depends on your reasons and goals for selling. If you are looking to move up, it is definitely a good time to sell. If you are waiting for prices to go up more and follow that logic, the home you want will be more expensive too. AND most likely, interest rates will be higher. Let me know if I can help! I would be happy to give you some advice based on your specific needs and goals.

Thanks!
​Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ Realtor®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
We're definitely in a seller's market right now and it's a great time to be a seller. However, taking the time to unclutter and stage the home is an excellent strategy. If you need any help when the time comes, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Joe Van Fossen
(714) 584-7154
joe.vanfossen@gmail.com
Hope all is well, the best advice I can give is that this is absolutely a seller's market! It is a great time to sell now, however it won't really hurt you too much to wait a year if necessary. Please feel free to contact me anytime for a free consultation. Have a great night!

Amanda Bihr
http://www.orangecountydreamhomes.net
DRE# 01928089