Home Selling in Allendale>Question Details

Peg, Home Buyer in Allendale, MI

Is here a place to find out the number of sales / top sellers of homes in a given area?

Asked by Peg, Allendale, MI Sat Apr 30, 2011

For our last home sale, we had a friend who had retired from sales in that area and he was able to give us the names of the top sellers.

Another friend who put her home up for sale said that the realtor she used sold the second highest number of homes in the area. I don't know if that came from the realtor herself or could be verified.

I also know that the top seller may not be best because, from practical knowledge, they might encourage or even use fear tactics to talk a seller into selling for less. But I am curious if there is a place to find out who sells the most homes in an area.

Thank you.

Answers

3
Hi Peg,
I think when you are looking at agents you need to look at the big picture. What company does that agent work with? Is it someone you can trust? What kind of negotiating skills do they have? Do they think outside the box when it comes to marketing? How well do they know the area so they are able to market your home accordingly? Are they able to see through a buyers eyes so they can best advise you on how to stage your home to attract those buyers?
In today's market it comes down to pricing your home correctly and making your home stand out from the crowd so you can get the buyer in the door and get it sold.
I've lived in Allendale all of my life and would love the opportunity to sit and talk to you about how I can best help you.
Here is a great article to read that will give you more insight on your question.

Thanks again,
Linda Kiel
An agent can run market reports on their MLS account to show you market share in an area.

I agree with Sally though. Just because an office or agent has a lot of listings doesn't mean they should automatically be the agent you work with. How responsive are they? Do your homework first.
I'm not sure about ways to find out the top agent in your area. However, I think you should focus on finding the right agent for YOU. Just because an agent closes XX deals a year doesn't necessarily mean they'll be a good agent for you. With only 3 years in the business, I'm still a "newbie" and don't do a huge volume of business yet. BUT...I'm constantly amazed at how so-called "experienced" agents make mistakes in their contracts and provide bad customer service to their clients and other agents. If I were you, I'd ask friends, family or co-workers for recommendations. Good luck!
Web Reference: http://www.sallygrenier.com