Home Selling in Whittier>Question Details

Trulia Denver, Other/Just Looking in Denver County, CO

Is cold calling effective for generating home seller and buyer leads?

Asked by Trulia Denver, Denver County, CO Mon Dec 17, 2012

Answers

6
Edith Karoline Jasser’s answer
I do not do cold calling ever.... Warm calling yes that is different.... I do not like to get calls out of the
blue, and now many have listed their phone numbers on the do not call list. Waste of time.
There are so many better ways of connecting with potential buyers and sellers.

Good luck to you.

Hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago and Northern Illinois
and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
at @Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
There are many effective strategies for generating leads. One great way is using Trulia and being a pro. They do the work - creating the leads - and you do the follow up. I mention it, because I think it is much easier than making cold calls.
It is effective but you have to be willing to get turned down. If you're not good with being disappointed then don't start cuz you'll just get depressed and sad... :)
Trulia,

When I started out in real estate this was the primary avenue of lead generation. I had limited success in doing so as did many others in the business. It was not for everyone and definitely not for the faint of heart. Once the 'do not call' laws came into effect, cold calling begin to die out. It is precarious now and a slippery slope to fall into expensive law suits. I still do some 'door knocking' and passing out flyers in a select community in Park Hill. It is effective along with some other more technological avenues that I am exploring now with more and more success.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Years ago in a different life I used to cold call and tell someone their new car was ready to pick up! Got no time for that now but it could be fun if you have the time.
Though I don't do it, and never have, those that do say it's definitely effective.