John, Both Buyer and Seller in Fairfield, CT

Is anything in the 400-500k range selling in Fairfield?

Asked by John, Fairfield, CT Tue Feb 19, 2008

Answers

9
Gary McIntosh’s answer
In single family homes with no set parameters (# of Bedrooms...etc.) there are currently 45 active listings on the CMLS between 400-500k. Since Sept. 1, 2007 there have been 35 homes in the 400-500k range that have sold. This does not include Condo's. You can't get a solid picture without setting parameters such as how many bedrooms, baths or condition of the properties. But this should give you a very broad perspective. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Contact me at (203) 979-2132 or gmcintosh@kw.com. Also take a look at me web-site, you can search all listings in Fairfield County. Take Care.
Prices in Fairfield are hghly inflated and due for a significant drop.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 19, 2010
This is the best price range I believe in Fairfield to be in. But the inventory is moving fast!
You can visit this for sale by owner website that has listing in ct http://www.flatmlslisting.com/
Yes, Homes are selling. Both attractive rates and sellers that have been pricing their homes competitively have resulted in sellers producing buyers. Buyers and sellers should ask their Real Estate Sales Agent for comparable sales. While every property is unique in its exact location and property attributes, comparable sales analysis is the most reliable method for determining residential home market values. This method is also used by bank and mortgage appraisers. Contact me at 203.368.8676 or david.harmuth@cbmoves.com, if you are thinking of selling or purchasing a home. Please see my flipbook on website davidharmuth.com for information on all CT towns....Dave
Yes ,houses are selling in fairfield in that price range.
Absolutely! My teammate just bindered one in a day...it was priced perfectly though...and NO, the sellers do not feel they left $$ on the table...it was a strategic price plan. The buyers are out there taking advantage of the low interest rates...knowing it simply cannot last forever...and we have many rentors that we are educating in the benefits of homeownership...if they find a home priced well, and they qualify for fha....many are much better off buying. Sellers of homes that are actually selling are investing just a bit into the property (we help them with this) to differentiate their home from the rest...lots of ways to make YOUR home be the chosen ONE.
Keep in mind that even if you think the market is going down...you want to buy while its on it way down...not when its going back up. And if the interest rates go up, many of these first time buyers will not be able to afford what they thought they could when the rates were lower. Educating these buyers of our properties seems to be helping them get of the proverbial fence and put pen to paper. And I must say that not ONE buyer we have represented in the past 8 months is sorry that they pulled the trigger...happy hunting and or selling. julie@vanderblueteam.com
Web Reference: http://www.vanderblue.com
John - yes there is! Fairfield is doing well and strong in this market. If you're looking at current market conditions (the last 5 months) 25 have sold and 10 are under contract. BUT - you absolutely have to be priced to sell and on the other side - if buying - know the market ( or have a knowledgable agent to help you ). Right now there are 45 SF homes priced 400-500 in Fairfield. Based on sales figures, that's approximately 9 months of supply. Quite a healthy inventory. On the sell side - you have to look at price per square foot, location and how you compare to your "comps". On the buy side - once you sell, you have so much more leverage. Forget the chicken little mentality - it's a great time to buy ( a little tougher to sell) but as a buyer with great mortgage rates you will make out in the long term!

Best of luck with both of your decisions -

Jayne M. Lagano
Prudential CT Realty
203-520-4490 cell
203-255-2800 office
Yes, though certain market areas are strong than others. Currently 12 houses up to $525,000 list (many will close for less than list) have contingency free contracts. Another 8 are under binder. Actual closings in the first 6 weeksare not necessarily a good gauge as they tend to be based on activity at least 60 - 90 days earlier. There have been 10 closings to date this year which compares to 15 at this time last year (total sale in the 400-500 range last year was 139). If you want further information on inventory, months of supply--or need any further information--please e-mail me.