Home Selling in Fairfield>Question Details

John, Both Buyer and Seller in Fairfield, CT

Is anyone familiar with a company called Mountain Bytes?

Asked by John, Fairfield, CT Tue Mar 3, 2009

They do Real Estate eFlyers. Just curious if anyone has worked with them and if so, what your experience was.

Answers

6
I just asked a question about no one receiving my emails and got a nutty rude email as well. She basically argued that it's such an unreliable form of advertising that I couldn't possibly expect to get a response.
I just used Mountain Bytes (MB) to send an eFlyer within the last 48 hours and had a great experience! I wasn't sure how effective using an eFlyer would be, but due to the low cost I thought - what to I have to lose to send my eFlyer out and see what happens. I received an email back the same day from a realtor in my target area that was happy to receive the eFlyer & wanted to do business with me! I'm blown away that their service was so effective! I'm hopeful I may get more responses, but even if this one response is the only business generated by my eFlyer, I would consider this a success. I made a simple mistake on my eFlyer design that I discovered just after clicking the publish button. I emailed MB asking if they could fix the mistake. Not only did they immediately fix that mistake before the eFlyers were sent out, but they found and corrected another mistake I had made but hadn't discovered! My only negative was the limited flexibility in the size of the paragraphs and bullets used in the eFlyer. I had an already written flyer I wanted to use, but had to rewrite my message to fit the confines of the flyer. But even with this minor hassle, between the low cost (cost me less than $25 for my targeted group), easy to use web page and outstanding customer service, I think this business is outstanding, and I would use them again and recommend it to others!

Don't know what transpired with the other person responding, but Cheryl B is the head of the company, not just a customer service agent (this might well be a one person show). I didn't speak to her, but she treated me great. She even emailed me asking if she could help me when I had done half my eFlyer and not made edits to it for a day or two. Seems like great customer service to me.

I know I may sound over the top in my recommendation, but I'm not affiliated with MB, don't know Cheryl B, and don't stand to profit from my recommendation. I'm just a satisfied customer wanting to let others know of a good deal the way I see it.

Dan H.
MountainBytes is a mediocre company with rude if not insulting staff...especially Cheryl B. The first time I used their service I had a question that was not answerwed on the site, so I nicely told her of the instructions ommission...she told me she didn't give a "crap".

Summary:
Product: mediocre......
Staff: Rude
EMail: Gets sent as SPAM
Concltion: CHEAP, but WORTHLESS!
Hello John,
How are you sir. I have received dozens of e-mails from that company over the past 2 months. I have not used them either. I think it may be a cheaper alternative than regular streams of advertising and it may be worth a shot.
Have a wonderful day!
Best of Luck to you sir.
http://www.henryjruszczyk.listingbook.com
Hi John...I have just started to investigate them...I am currently using a marketing tool called sharper agent to reach Realtors & Buyers alike...Listing Book is another great tool for target marketing. My only concern is whether Mountain Byte emails get stuck in spam...My team is one of the most productive teams in The North East and I have yet to get an email from them...I just wonder why none of my 17 teammates is being "pinpointed" yet...perhaps it is because they are a very new company. I am still looking into it though and will let you know what I discover...you never really know how powefrul a tool will be until you try it, so I will most likely give it a shot. Meanwhile...call me at 203-259-TEAM (8326) if you would like to chat about Real Estate or feel free to email julie@vanderblueteam.com Good luck in your search...LOTS of opportunities out there right now! Julie Vanderblue
Web Reference: http://www.vanderblue.com
I have gotten email solicitations from them but have not used their services.