Carole Isaacs, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA

Is Now the Time to Sell Your Condo ... or Not

Asked by Carole Isaacs, San Francisco, CA Sun May 18, 2014

The skyline of San Francisco seems to change daily as new residential buildings near completion. So many new units are coming onto the market that one has to ask the question: Is it time to sell and move my home or investment to greener pastures before the market is overloaded with condos?

Here are my thoughts and observations.

This is certainly the golden age of real estate for sellers. A seller who is putting his condo on the market said to me, “We don’t want to be greedy, but we have seen how high prices have gone and we would like to reap the rewards of our investment, too.”

This is a great time to sell for older people who have lived in their homes for years and have deferred maintenance. In a buyer’s market, it may take some time to sell a less-than move-in-ready home. Today these homes are in great demand and will sell at premium prices that were only in homeowners’ dreams a few years ago.

It has been reported that requests for building permits have slowed a bit. To me this

Answers

1
Hi Carole,

Great information here - but it belongs in your blog. I might suggest you read the guidelines of this forum.

Take care.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 18, 2014