Pamelaf, Home Buyer in 46220

Interested in buying a home near springmill and 79th...is this a safe area??

Asked by Pamelaf, 46220 Fri May 15, 2009

I currently live in Butler Tarkington and the move makes me nervous.

Answers

4
Pamela:

"Safe" is a very relative term. I would be stepping very much outside of my bounds as a Real Estate professional to try and tell you what areas are safe and what areas are not safe.

What's you consider safe and what's considered safe for the next person might be two completely different things.

Marita provided a terrific link to local crime statistics. That will allow you to look at the number and types of crimes that are reported in specific areas so that you can make a FULLY INFORMED decision about the relative safety of one area versus another area.

Good luck in your search.

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group
joe@macduffrealty.com
317-413-8501
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 15, 2009
Pamela,

Please check out http://imaps.indygov.org/cvc/wizard.asp at the Indianapolis Police website.
There you can see all the incident reports for any area in town.

I think for your peace of mind, you need to be able to determine safety issues for yourself. I do
also suggest you drive through the area at various times of day. Friends of mine who have
lived in the area, have told me it's safe. Please check the website. I have also gotten great
info from police in patrol cars that I see in communities. So, that's another option.

Please call if you would like to meet with me and determine whether to work together on your
project.

Marita Topmiller
Assoc Broker/Realtor
513.4652
Springmill and 79th is a safe area. There are many neighborhoods (Delaware Trails, etc) that are established neighborhoods and have a strong sense of community. Not only is it established and safe, but it also offers a good public school system and property taxes are very reasonable!!! If you are not working with a realtor I would be happy to provide more information about the area, as well as sending you a list of the best available properties in that specific area. If you are working with a realtor good luck, and enjoy the area as I am sure you will! mariam@mrahmani.com
I previously lived in this area and it is safe in my personal opinion. I enjoyed being close to shopping, dining and my children's school. If you are working with a REALTOR s/he can assist you in researching various neighborhood data. I always tell my buyers to drive through a neighborhood they are considering at different times of the day / week to get a feel for the area and also to do a little research on their own. Good luck and congratulations on buying!