Home Selling in Athens>Question Details

Tasargent774, Other/Just Looking in Athens, GA

In the world of marketing. How is 3% of 119,000 equal $5000.00?

Asked by Tasargent774, Athens, GA Sun Jun 26, 2011

What HIDDEN FEE AM I MISSING??

Answers

4
As mentioned below the homeowner is responsible for the sellers commission and the buyer's agent's commission. In our area 5% is typical for both sides.
Not sure where you are getting your number or what they regard. 5% is only 3570... If you are the seller ask your listing agent , if it is regarding a mortgage than you should ask your loan officer...
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
3% of $119,000 is $3,570. You would need to clarify in what context you are talking about. in regards to where/how this was presented to you.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Junper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Conventional | FHA | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® |
HomePath® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream
Hi Tasargent774,
I do not think Marketing has anything to do with Math, but maybe I am wrong. $119,000. X .03 = $3570.00. This is the way I figure it. But usually when you sell a property, the commission in your listing agreement is split between the listing agent and the selling agent. You need to look closely at your listing agreement. I do not think you are talking about a downpayment or closing cost since you said "marketing". Marketing leads me to think you are talking about a listing on your property.
Missy Peters, Associate Broker
Realty Executives - Purvis Realty