Home Selling in Napa>Question Details

Maggie, Home Seller in Napa, CA

In her will, my mother directed us to sell her home upon her death. Can we rent it instead?

Asked by Maggie, Napa, CA Wed Oct 7, 2009

Answers

8
You need confer with an attorney no one can render an opinion unless will is reviewed. Prayers for you and your family

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Texas Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Lynn911
Lynn911

http://www.lynn911.com
Maggie,

Your question would be best directed to an attorney for their input.
First of all, my condolences to you and your family at the loss of your mother.
Unfortunately the question you ask is outside the scope of a real estate agent. If you can rent the property depends on the provisions of the will/trust and I would recommend that you contact a real estate attorney to give you the proper advice. Check in the yellow pages for attorneys who specialize in estate planning, or ask your friends for a recommendation.
Good luck to you.
Sincerely, Heli
Nothing to even consider without seeing Attorney, Attorney, Attorney as stated in previous answers.
That's a legal question to be answered by an attorney, not a real estate agent.
interesting situation...you would have to obtain an understanding of all the facts and circumstances related to the estate, which includes the will and interests held in trusts. Each document will specific how the interests should be transferred to the beneficiaries. You or the attorney should read all the documents.
Maggie:

I agree with Patrick - you need to talk to the attorney representing the trust. However, I don’t see how she can stop you if all of those in the trust wish to proceed in a different direction. I’m no attorney, however …
You will have to check with the attorney handling the estate on that.