Home Selling in Washington>Question Details

Trampledbutf…, Both Buyer and Seller in Washington, DC

In a Title dispute, resulting from ex-boyfriend signing deed 34 yrs. ago;I've doubled/tripled/then quadrupled a "buy-out" but

Asked by Trampledbutfaithful, Washington, DC Sat Dec 17, 2011

settlement offer i.e., 90/100/120/155k. Now in court for (2) yrs./ promised settlement and then abruptly increased demand. Judge forcing me to sell my 500k house for $280k via my ex and crooked court approved realtor. Had prior 30 day bank appraisal for 452k for loan and later one for $410. Ex is powerful real estate speculator;Broker/Trustee are crooks. I'm devastated/now broke..welcome suggestions. S.O.S.!!!

Dear Trampled,

As Dan mentioned, a good lawyer is worth their fee. It sounds like you are in a terrible situation, I hope you are able to resolve this in a manner that gives you some of what you need.

Best to you.

Angie Simpson
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 18, 2011
I read and commented on another post. This is beyond our capacity to deal with. Once the courts are involved it comes down to whose lawyer can beat up the other lawyer. My advice, had you asked early on, would have been the same advice I give here often, get the best representation possible. A good agent, or in your case Lawyer is worth their fee.
I'm sorry for your difficulties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 17, 2011