Nancy, Both Buyer and Seller in Middletown, NY

In Florida what is the average time it takes to sell a house?

Asked by Nancy, Middletown, NY Fri Aug 14, 2009

Answers

6
It varies depending on a number of factors. Price, Condition, Location, Marketing e.t.c! Price is usually the most important factor on the length of time it will take to sell, No amount of marketing will sell an overpriced home. I would suggest you contact a local Realtor in your area!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 25, 2013
As you will read in other answers, the most important factors are Price & Condition. Location can also be a big factor in some markets.

The most critical issue is finding an agent who will perform a thorough comparative market analysis and then share the results with you. You will make the final decision of course, but if the Realtor tells you that you are pricing it too high you should not expect to sell it. Most buyers are using a Realtor and that Realtor will not let their client overpay for a house.

That said, if the house is in good condition and priced correctly, it is reasonable to think that it should sell in 4 to 6 months. If it has not sold by then, you need to really analyze the condition and pricing again

Jeffry David
SellState Next Generation Realty
Ocala, 352-598-9685
It all depends on location,Price,Condition. Is the price a bargain or are you priced out of the current market? Consult a Realtor that specializes in the area where the home is located.
If the home is priced right, it could only take a few weeks to find a buyer. You will want to consult a local Realtor to have a market analysis done for you. I'd be happy to let you know what the market value of your home is. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Jim Frasier
Coldwell Banker Riverland Realty
352-497-4130
After showing a buyer a home that just went on the market a week ago, it was priced under market value and it is now sold-the same day I showed it and my buyer lost out.
I am in Ormond, Halifax Plantation. If people are interested in the home will they not make an offer if they feel its priced to high? I am trying to sell and priced slightly higher than realtor recommended assuming of buyer is interested they will present an offer which I can counter?
Flag Mon Nov 25, 2013
Priced wrong - it never sells.

Priced Right - 6 weeks to closing.

Short sale - 3 to 12 months