bigcatcareer, Home Seller in Austin, TX

In Austin and need to sell 3bd condo but can't afford realtor fee's, any suggestions? Mortgage up to date and on time this past 5 yrs.

Asked by bigcatcareer, Austin, TX Mon May 20, 2013

Can't afford the burden (incl the HOA) anymore and need to sell this summer. Should I do a shortsale? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Answers

17
Short sales are always a viable option if you qualify. I have successfully completed over 100 short sales for sellers. If you are interested in a no obligation consultation I would be happy to meet with you. Sounds like you can demonstrate a financial hardship which would qualify you to do a short sale.
I am not a Realtor, but rather a real estate investor. Depending on your finances, you may or may not qualify for a short sale.

I own a consulting firm who helps sellers who do not have enough equity to hire a Realtor by doing a lease with an option to buy. Basically, a tenant will lease your house for a period of time while working on their credit to purchase the house.

We also cover issues such as:

- Tenant lawsuits (frivolous or not)
- Malicious damage done by tenant to the property
- Coverage for costly repairs
- Tenant default coverage

We show you how to mitigate risks to make these types of transactions work. For more information, please visit my website:
Web Reference: http://www.JVAmerica.com
Thank you for allowing me to assist you in selling your condo! Several offers in three days? The Austin market is hot! So happy for you!!!

Thanks Trulia for bringing us together!

See you tomorrow big cat! :)

Michelle Adams,
REALTOR® GRI, CNE
Real Estate Consultant
Ultima Real Estate
512.574.2969 direct | 512.852.4412 fax | 512.22CONDO Office
Commercial property available on riverside, $389,000!

http://www.UltimaAustin.com
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
Sales | Leasing | Purchasing | Land
Search for active listings
Email me to schedule an appointment with you at my Keller Williams Realty office and I will solve your problem. My office is located 1801 S. Mopac Expressway.
You could try a For Sale by Owner, statistically the odds are not good for this working out, since the people who buy from owners also expect to save the agent's fee. Reasearch shows For Sale by Owner (FSBO) sell for 17% less than those by REALTORS. The people who are qualified and moving into the area don't have time to search out FSBO properties, relocation services for companies only work with agents, first time homebuyer's need the help of an agent.

If you want to try to sell it yourself, though, I'll be glad to help you plan your sale.
I can also help you find out whether or not you are a candidate for a short sale, and to avoid making mistakes that cost you money and could keep you from being able to get a short sale.

If you decide to do a short sale, you need an agent, and you need a short sale specalist. I have an agent on my team that specializes in short sales, and does over 40 a year, with a success rate of about 98 %. I am in this business to help, and I am local, live and a member of the #1 agency in the area.
I would be happy to talk or meet with you without obligation. If you have owned the unit for 5 years, the market may be better than you think. Listings are moving very quickly.(My last 3 have sold in just a couple of days)

Please feel free to contact me anytime or visit my website to learn about my listing program.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588
Thanks I will consider!
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Thanks I will consider!
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Thanks I will consider!
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Thanks I will consider!
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Thank you everyone for all your great information - I truly appreciate the quick responses and will consider each and follow up as appropriate! I will hold on to your contact info in the meantime. Thanks again.
There is several solutions, all of which have different outcomes.
Just to name a few:
- a LA carte listing services
- sell yourself
- qualify a short sale
- rent and hold (rents are up)
- sell strategically and get 5-15% higher of a sales price than other solutions

Call me for a brief phone call and I can explain details of each and see if I can help in any way.
ShawnMon
512 - 663 - 4686

I can offer
Web Reference: http://shawnmon.com
Bigcatcareer,

Let me know the address and I'll let you know what I can buy it for without any fees (no realtor fees, no closing costs, etc.), just a straight walkaway number, period.

If that number doesn't meet your needs, we can solve your problem other ways as well. Just need to know what it is I'm dealing with. Send me the address (email below), or text it to me.

Jeffrey Schnabel
Partner | Broker | Keller Williams
512-913-7480
schnabeljs@gmail.com
Thank you for the suggestion, I will think on that.
Flag Mon May 20, 2013
Currently $166K is the lowest listed Condo with over $300k as the highest listed. 19 have either gone pending or Sold since January 1st, 2013 and $163K being the least expensive sold and $218K (Sold on May 15,2013) the highest..The least expensive 3 bedroom sold is $166K and going up to the $218K on the sold side for 3 bedrooms since that time...If you need any help with comps or advice I am happy to assist. Not looking to list, but do hate to see someone in a mess. At the very least I can listen and give my best advice. Take care and best to you.

Shannon Black
Market Point Realty Services
512-585-5417
shannon_b30@yahoo.com
**This was based on your question for selling a condo in 78748**
Flag Mon May 20, 2013
Place your Condo For Sale ad on Craigslist.
-
If you believe a 'short sale' is in the picture, you really need to chat with a real estate professional to understand what the short sale process is AND the cost to you as wel as the consequences of taking or not taking action.
-
The content of your questions suggests you may not be aware of what you can afford and more importantly the 'true' cost of making the wrong choice.
-
Call one of the Austin Tx agents who have replied.
That call will cost you nothing.
Not calling...sigh, will have consequences.

Best of success to you.
If you have no equity, you can do a short sale with me, and I can have the bank pay the closing costs and commissions, and it will cost you nothing. If you wish to discuss it further, call me at 512-413-5599

Don Moriarty Broker Classic Texas Properties, Inc
BigCat, don't ruin your credit since it hasn't been damaged yet by late pays. You may have more options than you may think. I am seeking more investment properties throughout the Austin-metro area and may be interested in a purchase with no commissions and no seller closing costs paid by you. I can't say for sure until I have more info, but I typically buy our inventory in these exact scenarios and help folks from totally destroying their credit. I am a direct buyer and although I'm also a licensed broker, I'm not interested in listing the property.

Feel free to contact me with some basics on your unit (address, beds, baths, square footage, HOA fees, amenities, condition, updates, etc.) and we can discuss further to see if we might be a good fit.

Guy E. Gimenez
Senior Managing Partner / Broker
Globe Assets
g.gimenez@globeassets.com
http://www.globeassets.com
512.507.5864
512.233.2268 fax
Are you sure you can't afford a realtor? I don't see how you can not afford one.

I'd talk with a couple of different agents and let them give you an update on the market.

Austin is hot right now. Things may be better than you expect.

You might can rent it as well.

If you need a good recommendation for a realtor in Austin let me know.

It's free to discuss prices and listing.
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi Big Cat!

It doesn't sound like you need to do a short sale at all if you're up to date on your loan. Homes are selling so fast in Austin, the term short sale may be a little deceiving, that usually takes longer and means you're expecting to get less than the homes mortgaged value. You can't afford NOT to have a Realtor representing you. If you'd like to discuss further, please give me a call 512-222-6636.

Michelle Adams,
REALTOR® GRI, CNE
Real Estate Consultant
Ultima Real Estate
http://www.UltimaAustin.com
Find me on: LinkedIn | Zillow.com | About Me |Trulia |
Ultima Real Estate Exclusive Listings
Information about brokerage services
Current Government Affairs Committee Member
RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL
Sales | Leasing | Purchasing | Land
I assume this is an investment property if you are in OK. Doesn't the rent cover your expenses? Is there a tenant in the condo now?

You can sell a property either by listing it with a broker (and pay broker's fee) or by selling it yourself, what we call a FSBO to avoid broker's fee. However, unless your condo is in a very desirable location and you try and sell it for a low price, it's not going to be easy to sell. Listing with a broker gives you exposure and especially if you are not in town, you should have an agent who can show the condo, keep you updated on sales in the neighborhood and when a buyer is ready to put in an offer, advise you on how to respond, negotiate and take care of everything to closing.

If you are up to date with payments, your lender will not agree to a short sale. You have to prove that you cannot make payments in order for the bank to even consider allowing a short sale.

Call me to discuss in more detail. We can see what your condo is worth today and what it can sell for and what your bottom line would be.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor GRI SRS
Sierra Homes Realty
512-970-8814
What is the address? I may be able to help.