Home Selling in Countryside>Question Details

Virtuous1also, Both Buyer and Seller in Countryside, IL

Im trying to sell my home as its been on the market since August

Asked by Virtuous1also, Countryside, IL Sun Oct 14, 2012

Answers

6
Suzanne Hamilton’s answer
Average sales time in the suburbs is around 6 months, although areas vary. So August is not that long ago. It seems like forever when you are trying to sell, I know. But activity at this point is more important to look at. Talk to your agent about the sales in your area and compare with your price. If you are not getting any activity on showings, you need to review your price. If you are, listen to the feedback and adjust accordingly.

Foreclosures are below market a lot and if you upgraded it, should be easier to sell to those who want a move-in ready home. But price is still king and again, can't expect a lot of appreciation in a still low market. However, many buyers want a move-in ready home and lending on a property that is not move in ready can be difficult. So, that gives you a leg up.

Remember and keep in mind that what you want now to buy will be at a low price too and factor that into your price thinking.
Since 2009, in Chicago area there was not a lot of appreciation in home prices so you cannot expect to sell your house 20% or 30% over what you paid three years ago. Updates are helpful but unless you added a floor, a room or extended your garage, there is not much reason for current buyers to pay tens of thousands more than you did. Bank owned properties are still available in Countryside (and will be for a foreseeable future) so home buyers still have an option to purchase a lower-cost home and do the updates themselves.
I meant to say "funds" not "founds" lol
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 14, 2012
It is listed with an agent. I am current on my mortgage, however just becoming overbearing..So my realtor that sold the home To me initially I am listed with. I just bought the home in 2009 when it was foreclosed..I updated the home and it looks great. Now I just want to sell it and use the founds to purchase with cash another home (foreclosed) so I can live more comfortably and not have a mortgage.
What exactly is your question? Are you looking for advice?

If you are selling it on your own, I would agree with Chris below. If not, I would talk with your agent.

Are you listed with an agent or trying to sell on your own? If you are selling on your own the task can be alot harder if you aren't experienced in marketing a home, understanding what buyers look for and want, and also the accurate curent values of homes in your area. Proper pricing is equally as important as proper marketing...

Chris