Home Selling in Harper Woods>Question Details

Ms. B, Both Buyer and Seller in Michigan, ND

Im selling on my own,Have a buyer,what paperwork do i draw up and where do i get them?

Asked by Ms. B, Michigan, ND Sun Mar 22, 2009

Answers

4
Jeremy has a good point. A Transaction coordinator may be your best option. A TC will not represent either party and will help the deal get to close. Most likley a TC will be less expensive than an attorney.
Ms. B

For a nominal fee you can hire a Realtor to be your transaction coordinator. Or It would be wise to consult an attorney.

Any Questions, drop me a line

Best Wishes,

Jeremy
Good morning, Ms. B.

Congratulations for having your own buyer!! You are wise in still seeking someone to navigate you through the process.

I would be happy to speak with you more about my services offered for such a task, and explain other options you would have available to you.

Please drop me an email at Derek@DoorToDreams.com, contact me through my Trulia profile, or give me a call at 734.678.4745. Thanks!

Derek Bauer, Associate Broker / Realtor
Real Estate One
Derek@DoorToDreams.com
http://www.DoorToDreams.com
Web Reference: http://www.DoorToDreams.com
Mrs. B,

Initially I got all the necessary paperwork from a title and escrow company. The buyer and I went through all the papers including the necessary disclosures. We just basically used these as a kind of mock-up and didn't even sign them. I took the paperwork with all the chicken scratch changes to a RE attorney who provided new sets suitable for signing. The buyer took his copy to the bank who ordered an appraisal after the buyer ordered the inspection. Tip: if there is personal property being transferred with the sale such as big screen TV and other items, do not muddy up the main contract with those items. Contrary to what you might think, this does not benefit an appraisal. Draw up a separate agreement for those items, however a good RE attorney will probably already know that.