Home Selling in Atlanta>Question Details

Fordeestates, Home Seller in Atlanta, GA

Im looking to invest into some residential homes in Atlanta can anyone tell me were is the best areas to buy low fix and sell?

Asked by Fordeestates, Atlanta, GA Mon Jan 23, 2012

Seems a decent home runs between 20-30k for investments. I will be heading down there and buying in 2 months.

Answers

11
There are many different investment strategies. I have always gone where working people want to live. I have concentrated the past several years with my investments in the Lithonia,Stone Mountain,Tucker,and Snellville areas. Stick with the most desireable school districts in an area that is also close to shopping conveniences and public transportation.
As noted in some of the other responses, this is a difficult time to flip because so many of the comps are foreclosures. The banks have become extremely conservative with their appraisals and what they will lend to the buyer that wants your home.
I have spent the last 15 years investing and would be glad to help you with any other questions or concerns.

Joe Carey
First United Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
With the current market with so many short sales and foreclosed homes, flipping is an extremely difficult business. Homes that sell for $30,000 would be in neighborhoods where, even if fixed up, wouldn't get much more for it even in pristine condition. I would recommend keeping the property, renting it out until the market improves and the home values are restored.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
While there are homes 'For Sale' in the $20's and $30's, it still not a certainty that you will be able to buy, fix, and flip..and make money. You need to find an agent, or a couple of agents who work different areas, to find you possibilities and inspect the possibilities to determine what kind of money it will take to make the properties habitable. Then, know that even after you spend time, energy and money to make the property glisten, the comps in the area may prevent a big return.
Best advise - find knowledgeable agents. Then search and destroy!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
In an area / neighborhood you are very familiar with... (and no where else..)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 23, 2012
I am looking invetsment residential property near perimeter mall area. call me 678-778-5510 or e-mail atulg360@gmail.com

Atul
There are too many important variables to consider when investing in properties in Atlanta to submit a simple and vague answer to your question. I would suggest consulting with a real estate professional in person. This will give you an opportunity to receive a detailed analysis of your situation and allow you to determine the most efficient and effective plan of action.

Adrian Provost
Fordeestates
I actually give an Investor Class that is Coupled with Contractors to show you how to get the most out each Buy, Renovation and Sell. I can send you a series of Power Point presentations that show you what is possible and what kind of Revenues you may expect. Of course the 1st thing you need to determine if you are planning to do a Buy and Hold(rental) or a Buy and Sell(Flip) Strategy. 2nd determine what kind of Rate of Return you are expecting(Either solid cash # or %of return). Once you know this you can talk with an experienced Agent who can help find the right priced home in an area that also has great resale ability.
My highest Recommendations are to find a old 2-3 bed home with only 1 bath, add 400 sq ft with new bath, and Master Bedroom (of today’s sizes) and recheck what a compatible sales of a 3 bed 2 bath home with 400 sq ft more look like. I think you will be amazed.
For more information or to attend one of my Investor classes, you can contact me at 404-932-5353
Good Luck with your Home Shopping,
Rob

Rob Robbins
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Cornerstone Mortgage Group
6151 Powers Ferry Road NW
Suite 610 Atlanta GA 30339
Office 678-578-7613
Cell 404-932-5353
Hello. Its a great time to buy a home, regardless if you are an investor or not. I would suggest you find an agent who is knowledgeable and who you are comfortable with. What sells these days is price, price, price. With that in mind before you purchase a home have a top to bottom inspection and identify the problem area's. Will the home need mechanical work, or just cosmetic work. If I can be of any help to you, please feel free to contact me at anytime.
Fordeestates,

I gave out three thumbs up - good answers.

If you are truly "heading down there and buying" then lets connect.
Hello Fordeestates

I have worked with investor over past 3yrs in this high foreclose market. I when you say low fixer uppers, usually the city and dekalb. I have one investor client purchasing in the Dekalb county area, Stone Mountain, Lithonia, Decatur, Ellenwood.

The other Investor is buying in the Westend which is the city mins from downtown, CNN, Turner Field, Airport.
He has resold most of his home for over 100k, he bought low.

please give me a call if you need agent assistant. 404-914-6977

My other investor has purchase in Riverdale which is Clayton County (South Side) very low.

Our company have several low homes on the market with very little rehab.

Just listed a 4bdrm 3.5bath in Lithonia for $47k

http://www.pierealty.com view the listings.
I agree with the last two agents. Although it is an incredible market to buy. It is an awful market
to sell. My advice is also to buy and rent and wait till the market picks up. I am very confortable
with Cobb and Cherokee counties. They have great schools and location in proximity to Atlanta.
I would be happy to assist you with your purchase.