Home Selling in Linden>Question Details

Victor Cruz, Other/Just Looking in Linden, NJ

Im Thinking of selling my house in Linden, NJ,... Its a Two family Home... Should i wait?

Asked by Victor Cruz, Linden, NJ Wed Feb 20, 2008

Answers

7
Scotts posts are gone, I was right it was the same person creating a bunch of profiles and spamming here. I spoke to someone at Trula that looked into it and ended up suspended his account(s) a few of them anyway. I'm sure he has more.

Victor Cruz:
Well that all depends on your plans after! Buy another home in NJ (single or muli-family?), move out of state or...

How is your financial situation? Are you straight with your mortgage payments or falling behind?
Where in Linden is the house? I live in Linden and know it extremely well, what section is it in?
What type of two family house is it? Over/Under or Duplex?

When did you buy the house? Depending on the age, size, condition and of course price I know people looking to buy in Linden.

I really don't want to give any advice unless I know a little more details because it really depends on your situation and plans.
Hi Scott,

How very insightful of you to speak as if you have the slighest notion of our local real estate market, and lash needlessly out at Victor and others with your silly personal attacks from the perfect safety of your brand new and anonymous profile. We're not impressed, Sir!

I viewed all your prior posts and the only helpful thing that you have said so far is "you are not a real estate expert". I just bought a property and in so doing will reduce my monthly costs from $1400 to $750, not counting additional depreciation and tax advantages.

Victor,

I'm not a real estate professional but rather an experienced buyer/seller. All the agents here are correct - they are ASKING QUESTIONS instead of making blind assertions per our 'friend in NC". They don't understand your situation or needs and are trying to take it to the next step. It may or may not be time for you to sell. That would depend on many factors that right now we do not know.

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on why you are thinking of selling, where you would move to if you did, how long you have been in the home, how much equity you have there, what rent you get from the 2nd unit, etc. The more info that you can provide, to better outline your position will help the people here to provide you with better, targeted advice.

Can you wait, how long and what for?

Nobody can tell you when will be the best time to sell your home to make the most money or even if you can without seeing your home, how much you paid for it, the current rents being collected, is it owner occupied and so on...

Fact: Home sales are up in New Jersey, Home sales prices are down!
Fact: Nobody knows when they will come back up and to what level?

Call me, I am a real estate broker with an office in Edison, I live in Linden and have a buyer that is looking to purchase a 2 to 3 family home in the area. Let me know where in Linden and... Ahh... Just give me a buzz,we'll talk.

http://www.realrep.com
Ya vendio su casa don Victor?
What are you waiting for? Prices to increase? You really don't know when that will happen. It also depends on your personal situation. Is the property an investment or do you live there now? Like someone mentioned, the pricing will depend on weather you will target an investor or an owner who will occupy the property. Honestly, if you have a reason to sell...ie bigger house, relocating, not dealing with tenants, etc. then now is just as good a time to sell as ever. You/me can't predict where the market will go. From a financial perspective (I have a finance background), only sell if you have something comparable or better to put your capital into.

Take care and good luck. I live in Linden. Feel free to call/email me if you have further questions or if you want an honest price & marketing opinion.
Depending on the equity you have in your house, it is actually a good time to sell. You will benefit on the buying end too with lower priced houses and lower interest rates. The market has yet to hit rock bottom and if you price your house correctly and get ahead of the downfall curve you should still be able to procure a buyer for your home. The key is utilizing a full service realtor who will price it correctly AND advertise it correctly. Do not have your house blend in with the rest of the market - having it stand out - should reward satisfactory results. Give me a call if you want to discuss it further. Good Luck!

Gina Chirico
PNJP-Caldwell
973-228-1000 ext 132
GinaChirico@PruNewJersey.com
Dear Victor,
Waiting all depends on your situation. How long have you been in the house? Is the amount of equity on your home beneficial for you to make a move? Many times, if a homeowner has been in their home in NJ for at least the last seven years, your chances are greater than most in a gain in a sale and a move up somewhere else. This is a Buyers Market remember and you just might make out in your next home purchase. Home buying is always an investment. Think in those terms when you are ready to make your final decision. When you are ready to sell your property, price it right in this market. There is no room for a overpricing, there is too much inventory out there, it sits, it gets stale, under bid or doesn't get shown at all. Best of Luck to you.