Home Selling in East Amherst>Question Details

Colleen Falz…, Home Buyer in Kenmore, NY

If you want air and master bath, why do you want to see my home?

Asked by Colleen Falzone, Kenmore, NY Sun Jul 8, 2012

It is disclosed on details, This year it is very warm, I put units in the windows for my family. Pulling them in and out every other day gets difficult. If the house is hot you get comments. If you try and make people comfortable, you get comments. I want to sell my home and have spent the spring and summer getting things ready. I know when we found our home before we went I checked all my wants. Just wondering?.

Answers

4
Anna M Brocco’s answer
Be happy that you have showings regardless; the more showings, the better the odds of an offer....Unclear as to why you are removing the units so often--if they are not part of the sale, speak to your agent...
Air conditioning can be added. Like the others said people look at everything before they make a decision.

Why are you taking out you window units? If you adre worried that the buyers will believe they come with the house, have your agent place them on the exclusion list.
Many people when first searching want the perfect home. After seeing all the non-perfect ones (they are the only ones that exist) they start to make concessions on what they want as opposed to what they need. On occasion they start visiting a wider array of homes than are suited for them, this is when their agent should should rein them in. That being said, showings are good and you never know when that right buyer will walk in. If I were you I would leave the air conditioners in for the summer. Selling your home is stressful enough without adding to it, the air conditioners are a normal part of life hiding them isn't going to sell your home; it'll probably just give you a bad back.
Tom Brady SFR, e-Pro, SRES, GREEN
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Ret. NYPD Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
"We treat you like family!"
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Plaza - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Thank you Tom, the master Bath thats another issue. It seems today's buyers want it all for less. If I had that big master Bath the price would reflect that. We have priced low to sell, Four plus bedrooms, land, theater room, florida room, etc. 2,800 sq. ft. House is well maintained, shows well. I'm trying to just understand the buyer today?
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012
Nicky, the answer to your question is complicated, as people are complicated.

When I purchased my home, I wanted large window sills, fireplaces, and lots of back staircases. I am addicted to antiques and little collective pieces.

What did I end up with? A semi-modern home with no windowsills, no fireplaces....but rooms big enough to hold my large furniture; an issue I never realized I had.

Most buyers are not cognizant of their real wants and needs. Have a little compassion; the right buyer will come along.
Thank you all for your advice! I do feel better, I guess you are always second guessing yourself.
Flag Mon Jul 9, 2012