Home Selling in 93257>Question Details

Robert, Home Seller in Tulare County, CA

If you sell property without an agent (The Deed is clear) what other documents are need to close the deal and

Asked by Robert, Tulare County, CA Tue Jan 22, 2008

prtect the seller?

Help the community by answering this question:


Robert, get a Title Search and an Escrow officer. Get a real estate attorney to look over the contracts. Protect yourself. I bought a house from my best friend who owned it for 20 years - she owned it free and clear, paid her taxes, paid for the garbage, paid everything she needed to, and unbeknownst to her, she had a mechanic's lien on the property from someone who did some work years before and walked off the job without the work being completed. We were glad we got a title search and cleared it up, otherwise, I would be stuck with clearing it up. Liz
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2008
You will need an attorney and/or escrow company, title company, surveyor, and inspectors. Each of these individuals will be able to advise of the paperwork that will be needed at closing. The buyer is responsible for the documentation to secure a loan, but as a seller, you will want to know that process is moving along on schedule and on target. The paperwork required in a sale of a property and a closing is extensive.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2008
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Brick, NJ
Hi Robert,

My name is Sheri Rodriguez I am a licensed California Realtor (Lic#01861359) affiliated with Melson Realty in Porterville.

Realtors do more for sellers then stick a for sale sign in the yard and hold open houses. Realtors keep you out of legal trouble & provide sophisticated marketing strategies to expose your property to the maximum amount of buyers.

The average seller who uses a real estate professional makes 16% more on the sale than sellers who sell alone. That’s one reason the level of unrepresented sellers has declined steadily in the recent years.

Realtors assist both buyers and sellers with the services necessary for a successful real estate transaction, especially pricing and marketing. Real estate professionals can assist with pricing the property accurately and market it using a variety of tools: Internet, print, networking with buyers and brokers and more. A Realtor can show property more objectively then a seller who has an emotional attachment to it.

When you use me and Melson Realty to market your home you get a professional representative who knows what it takes to sell a home in today’s uncertain market. As a trusted advisor I know how important it is to listen carefully to your needs in order to tailor the selling experience to fit your end objective.

Call me if you'd like to meet in person to discuss your property.

Talk to you soon! Sheri Rodriguez (559) 361-9078
Web Reference: http://www.melsonrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 17, 2010
Call an experienced local Realtor, they will meet with you and discuss the options.
Web Reference: http://www.mattirvin.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 23, 2008
Hi Robert,
I would make sure to go thru a title company & have title insurance paid for. This will help ensure that there are no liens against the property. You would also need some Real estate disclosure forms. Is this a house on land or just vacant land?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Jan 22, 2008
vacant land acreage commercial
Flag Thu Jan 9, 2014
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer