Home Selling in Scottsdale>Question Details

Lynn Russell, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI

If you are moving to another state, what is the best way to get your business started without any contacts.

Asked by Lynn Russell, Birmingham, MI Wed Jan 6, 2010

Answers

5
Call me if you get a chance, I just joined a training program that will give you an extra 7 to 16 EXTRA transactions in the next 8 weeks. Starts next Thursday if there are any openings left.

DONALD KEYS
REALTY EXECUTIVES
623-337-8965 Ext.1
Lynn:

I a great way to get your business off the ground is set up prospecting systems and follow them everyday.

1. Join a strong office with good training and mentoring.

2. Target expired and canceled listings. You know that you are speaking to a motivated audience.

3. Target for sale by owners which is another motivated audience.

I would almost say that with 90% confidence that if you touch these people weekly for 90 days you will have a nice book of business.

I have sold 53 homes since June 1, 2008 so I know what it takes to get results. Best of luck
I moved to Scottsdale 7 years ago and did not know anyone. I started going to networking events and doing open houses and before I knew it I was in business. Phoenix has so many networking events that you can go to a different one everyday. a great group to join is a leads group. That's where there is one business per chair. They usually meet weekly and the purpose of the group is to get to know the other members in the group and refer leads to each other. A good site to go to is Meetup.com.

Good luck and stay positive. Change can be a good thing.
Lorrie Feld
480-570-1074
lfeld@azrealtygroup.com
I would recommend Open Houses in an area you want to do business in. That is how I did it. Good luck!
Depending on the business--Why not join the Chamber of Commerce, become a member of the local civic groups, such as the Rotary, Lions, Elks, etc. possibly some local advertising, fliers, etc.

Anna