Home Selling in Miami>Question Details

Christopher…, Real Estate Pro in South Miami, FL

If you are a seller, what would you look for in a local agent? I am putting together a FAQ for sellers that I work with from out of town.

Asked by Christopher Camacho, South Miami, FL Wed Nov 6, 2013

Any input from someone looking to hire a local agent is appreciated.

Answers

3
Price in relation to marketing provided.
Proven experience.
Services provided.

In other words, what am I getting in exchange for the commission?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 6, 2013
Hello Chris, I don't think you are going to get a great number of replies from Sellers looking to hire a local agent. Questions on this section are mainly answer by other Realtors.

If you are interested in my opinion as an agent, I can tell you that Sellers should look for the following:

1. Proximity from agent's office to the property.
2. Proven record of sales including days on the market and list to sale ratio in that particular area in the past 12 months.
3. Agent's resume: experience, education, skills and in Miami Dade depending on the location languages spoken by the agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Nov 6, 2013
In terms of FAQ, I'd say out of town sellers need to know details about sales process in Miami.
What to expect, how the market is, what marketing it takes to get it done...

Market review for the area would be great for the sellers. They are not here, but do need to know what's up. Is it a good time for them to sell in their price point?

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.