Home Selling in Los Angeles>Question Details

Carlos Orozco, Real Estate Pro in RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA

If someone Gifts (via Grant Deed) say 10% in his property but the grantee doesn't acknowledge or she doesn't want anything to do with

Asked by Carlos Orozco, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA Mon Mar 29, 2010

it...how can he sell without her acknowledgment or can he rescind/undo it? Does anyone have any advise or suggestions?

Help the community by answering this question:


Mack McCoy’s answer
Carlos, you can't advise this client, they need to seek legal counsel. And you need to disclose to any prospective buyers that the owner has gifted an unrecorded interest in the property, you need to tell your managing broker this if you take the listing, and finally - you need to tell this person that you can't help them sell their property until they solve their problem.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 29, 2010
Dear Carlos,
If I understand your question correctly,you are asking if a property can be sold without acknowledgement and approval by all owners on the deed,. This is possible if Power of Attorney has been granted, or a quit claim has been signed by the minority "owner". There is also the possiblility that the additional person was never legally granted any ownership in the property to begin with.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 29, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer