roundbin3, Other/Just Looking in Franktown, CO

If our Father's house is going to be sold to a developer to be torn down and a new house built on the property, do we need a Certificate of

Asked by roundbin3, Franktown, CO Sat Sep 1, 2012

Occupancy?

Answers

7
The City of Summit will allow you to close with a TCO: temporary certificate of occupancy, however there are two items they will require: proof that there is no asbestos anywhere and certification that the grounds are clear of insect and or proof of treatment.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Thank you all for your answers. Very helpful. Thank you Tony for the phone number. I am hoping there is a waiver process - demanding we put thousands of $$ into this house only to have it torn down (and not able to roll that expense into the house price), it just puts a hardship on the sellers.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
I agree with Andrew every city/county is different
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
If it is a cash purchase you may be able to just send a letter to the town but check with the town. I had a similar purchase and the town contacted me after the sale very upset that there was no C of O but did not take any further action when I explained the builders desire.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
I agree with Tony, Summit will require a C.O. I know, it seems ridiculous, but they don't know or care who is buying the house or what will be done with it. Good luck!

Natalie Leighton, Sales Associate
Keller Williams Premier Properties
Summit, NJ
908-419-6847
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
In Summit, I believe all homes require a Certificate of Occupancy in order to close, regardless of who is purchasing the home. However, to be sure check with the Summit CO office for more information (908-273-6408).

Tony Verducci
Lois Schneider Realtor
Summit, NJ
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012
Every area is different. I would check with your local City and/or County Planning and Zoning office. If they can not answer your question they can direct you. It may be a lender call also with the type of financing the developer is using.
I hope this helps you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012