Trulia Las V…, Other/Just Looking in Las Vegas, NV

If one's home has been listed with an agent for over three months and they are not happy. What options do they have?

Asked by Trulia Las Vegas, Las Vegas, NV Thu Jan 24, 2013

Answers

8
It really depends on the agreement you signed . In all fairness perhaps the expectations were not clearly defined . Often times consumers simply don't know what they don't know . But then again , sometimes the agent doesn't communicate . It is always good to discuss what you expect from your agent and also be able to trust that they are knowledgeable and understand the market . I would advise you read through your agreement , consult an attorney and talk to the agents broker . See if you can't come to a compromise and understanding . There may be a miscommunication that can be easily remedied by just stating what your concerns are to the broker . I'm sorry that you are experiencing this and obviously by posting your issue on a public forum you are trying to find resolution . Currently your agent has a fiduciary duty to you and you have an agreement with him or her . So your first step is to reach out to the agents broker as the agreement is with the brokerage . I hope you find quick resolution . Goodluck .
This will depend on your agreement with the listing agent.

I assure my clients excellent service and experience; if they are unhappy with me, they can break the listing agreement with a 7 day notice!

Know what to expect when selling your home in Las Vegas: http://www.nvsdr.com/sellers
Dawn was a great selection for BEST ANSWER.

"They are not happy?"
What does that mean?
Does it mean that when they overrode their agents objections and priced the home 30% above it's value bracket and now no one is looking at it and that is why they are unhappy?
-
Obviously the RIGHT answer depends on the source of the unhappiness.
Some would jump to the conclusion that agent performance is the issue.
Some may suggest the promised results did not materialize.
Other may conclude a personal issue has intruded on the professional agreement.
-
The options available can be:
Seek a counselor
Reduce the price
Have a heart to heart with your agent
Pay whatever fees are required, if any, and find another agent.
-
Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
I would suggest that you read your contract. Be familiar with your options. I have to say you should always seek legal advice. I would suggest that if you are not receiving the level service and commitment that you thought you would and should receive you would be able to cancel your contract. I would talk with your agent and the broker to see if any of the issues could be resolved also. I hope my input has helped
Thank You
Suzie Marquardt
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 24, 2013
When you first signed the listing agreement you committed to that listing agent a listing timeframe. If there are irreconcilable differences, then you can ask to terminate the contract. However the agent can remove the property from the MLS listing with what is called a conditional withdrawal which might still entitle him/her to a commission should it be sold during the duration of his original listing agreement. It would be up to the previous agent/broker what it would be put into the MLS as either W.C. or W.U. or withdrawn unconditionally.

http://WWW.LAS-VEGAS-REAL-ESTATE-HOME.COM

Phillip Scheinman, ABR, GRI, E-PRO
Broker * Sales Agent * Realtor
Realty One
2831 St. Rose ParkwaySte. 100
Las Vegas, NV 89074
Direct: 702-580-9198
Fax: 702-614-9337
E-mail:smokey25@cox.net

http://www.PhilScheinman.com
Hi
First call your agent and set up a meeting to speak with them. Review with them what they have done to sell your home. Why do they think it has not sold? Price? Condition? or? Ask for their honest opinion. Ask what plans they have to further market your home. Has an Open House been held? How about a Broker's Open House? Does the brokerage advertise?
If you are still dissatisfied, check your listing contract. Options to get out of the listing time early will be clearly defined. The advice given to contact the agent's Broker is good but speak to the agent 1st.
This is a HOT market in Las Vegas. Every agent I know is looking for more homes to show. We all have buyers - and many are cash buyers. One trick to put the home in front of more buyers is to lower the price and the new price brings your home back up to the top of the list.
Hope you sell soon!
Andrea Packo, Realtor
Gavish Real Estate
702-279-7679
That happens occassionally. I would first try talking with the agent. Express your concerns. Maybe that is enough to reestablish why you listed the house with them in the first place.

If that does not resolve the situation, try speaking with the broker that the agent works for. Again, that might help to resolve the issue. If that does not work, tell the broker you want to cancel the listing. Depending upon the listing contract, there may be a fee, or a time period that has to go by before you can list with another company.

Depending upon the situation, you may want to speak to an attorney since this really becomes a law issue contract is involved. I am not an expert on law nor qualified to advise you on law.

If I can be of any help in the future, please feel free to contact me. I have successfully selling real estate in Las Vegas since 1989.

Doug Sawyer CRS, GRI
Broker/Salesman
Relaty Executives of NV
702-889-8922
It depends on the length of the listing contract. Look at page 1 of the listing agreement and it will outline the term of the contract.

If you are unhappy with something that's being done, or not done, then contact the agents broker with the intentions of coming to a solution. These types of problems are often a result of a break-down in communication somewhere.

Steve