Danni, Home Seller in Essex Junction, VT

If my property is zoned both residential and commercial,is there an advantage to selling it as one or the

Asked by Danni, Essex Junction, VT Thu Apr 3, 2008

other or listing it as both?

Answers

2
Dagyne Canney’s answer
Hi - I would list it in both Commercial and Residential for the exposure to both markets - on the other hand the property may be more valuable as either a commercial or residential property based on the location - I would gladly assit you with deciding this if you would like to give me a call at 802-236-4570 - Dagyne Canney
Post it both ways (or have your agent do that) and make mention of the mixed use zoning in the "remarks" as well. There is an advantage to get the word out in both markets; you'll also want to have your listing listed in the commercial arena (the one outside the normal MLS). If the agent you are considering says he's not a commercial agent have him/her contact a a comm. agent who will co-list with him/her so you get the word out in both major arena. Commercial is a whole other world and they don't have the same MLS. So you'll have good luck selling your place if it's priced well. Make sure your agent gets commercial consultation (with experienced commercial agents) when pricing it; especially if you use a 'solely residential' agent to do the for the listing-
Web Reference: http://www.junelizotte.com