Home Selling in Madison>Question Details

Qbol, Home Seller in Madison, WI

If my broker presents to me a full price offer on my home, do I have to accept the offer?

Asked by Qbol, Madison, WI Sat Apr 28, 2012

With or without contingencies?

Answers

4
The Birschbach Team’s answer
The terms and reasons why you are choosing to list your home should always be top of mind. If you are choosing to list a property just for the possibility of selling high to upgrade have that discussion with your agent. Contract agreements should be understood by all parties. If you do not intend to accept a full price offer with the exact terms of your listing contract why list?....The possibility of a bidding war may come into play but in most cases not in this economy. Buyers write offers when they are serious and you should do the same when choosing to list.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed May 16, 2012
No, but if the offers mirrors your intent of the terms of the listing agreement you may owe the listing agent a commission because he produced / procured a buyer at your terms.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
Many of the new LISTING are employing a very sophisticated ploy;
they are setting the LISTING PRICE 10-15% low to attract multiple offers.

Very devious, No?

It works.

Needless to say, if they got a single offer at LIST they might have a problem if they were forced to accept.

My question back to you, why are you not following the advice of your Broker?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
I agree with what Donna mentioned. You do not have to accept any offer brought to you. However, if your listing agent brought you a buyer meeting the terms of the listing contract you may owe your agent a commission.
Web Reference: http://keithandkinsey.com