Home Selling in Punta Gorda>Question Details

Paul Henders…, Real Estate Pro in Homestead, FL

If I were to build a house for sale in Tropical Gulf Acres, would it sell pretty fast in this market?

Asked by Paul Henderson, Homestead, FL Tue Oct 1, 2013

one lot is 80 x120 by itself The other two lots are side by side 60x 120 each, I was hoping to build three houses and sell them within the next three to five years?

Answers

4
Tropical Gulf Acres is a remote area between the city of Punta Gorda and North Fort Myers. The area has a lot of vacant land and non-paved roads. Your chances of resale largely would depend on the location and type of home. There are many small homes because the lot sizes are smaller than a typical lot of 80 x 120. There have been fires in the area previously too. It is convenient to I-75 at Tucker's Grade. You would have to travel to Ft Myers for shopping. Are you planning to build now and then rent them until you would sell them in 3-5 years. Or are you planning to invest in the land now and build later. Do you have a builder in mind. We have several builders in the area that I could refer you to. I can send you some current market values and comparable solds in the area if you would like. If I can answer any other questions or help in any way, let me know.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Re/Max Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
http://www.tammyhayes.remax-florida.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 1, 2013
Thank oh my lots are all on paved road. Tropical gulf Blvd and in the higher back side of the development.
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013
Thanks I have owned these three lots since 2000. I noticed that a builder cam in and bought up the remaining lots that were owned by the previous developer.They built many houses during the boom but they were stuck with quite a few at the end. Now it appears that those over developed lots are sold or occupied. I know that I may not be able to build much more than a two bedroom house on the single lots. I can build my own houses. Just feeling out the market..
Flag Wed Oct 2, 2013
Paul,

Prior to taking this leap, it would be in your best interest to visit the area and arrive at your own impression of the overall real estate market and potential for making this type of investment.

You've been provided with some great insight but you still need to rely on your own impression before moving forward.

Standard lots are 80x120. Troical Gulf Acres has a lot of homes on large acreage. Zero lot line or super small lots usually are found in gated communities. You are best to do two by joining the smaller. Not what you wanted to hear, but, marketable. Save my name, I'd love to be your eyes in the area for the build as well as the selling The home for you when it is conplete.

Claudia DeBruyn
Sandhill Realty
cell/text 781-799-7570
Paul,
You would be able to build a house on the 80x120 lot but only 1 house on the 2 60x120 lots. Well and septic are needed in this area of Punta Gorda. Also it would be important to keep the prices of the finished houses below $200,000 as this is a more modest area.