Ann Stalls, Home Buyer in Indianapolis, IN

If I want my house sold by December 30th, when should I put my house up for sale? I live in Lakewood,

Asked by Ann Stalls, Indianapolis, IN Wed May 6, 2009

California 90713
Ann

Answers

6
Summer is the best season for sales.
Most families they are looking to buy a home, are also looking to get their children into "that special school", that mean they are ready to move before September right after the summer vacation break. As you know all the different Holiday start after September as well and no one whats to move during the holiday season.
You should be thinking of listing your home ASAP since it take between 30-90 days to sell a house depending price and location in order to take advantage of the selling season.The selling season is now!

RHG
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 17, 2009
Donna - I guess you didn't notice, but this question was asked in 2009 - over 4 years ago !

I am pretty sure, and would hope, this person has already moved.

ps
I see you're new to trulia, so you may not realize the date the question was asked is just under the question - in a very lite gray font - easy to miss if you're not looking for it!
Thank You Debra for your help!! Yes, still learning.
Donna
Flag Sat Aug 10, 2013
The best time to sell a home is right now (Spring and Summer). It's not too soon to consider listing your home. Property is selling now, provided it is priced for this market.

Best of Luck to you!
I have been recently showing Buyers in the Lakewood area and there is quite an interest in properties that are price well at this time due to the low interest rates. Buyers actually have an incentive to get the purchase done prior to Dec. 1st as that is when that special credit as it is outlined now will expire which gives Buyers a tax credit of $8000 they do not have to pay back. So usually during the fall/winter the interest is not as great as the summer but you will still have interested buyers. We are seeing multiple offers on REO properties in the Lakewood area that are priced from $300,000-$375, 000 for a 3 bed, 1-2 bath home. I actually just sold one that was a two bedroom, one bath with an original owner NOT AN REO whot kept the house immaculate and it was even on a busy street and the value came in at $379K.

So if you want to get the highest offer I would put it on the market when the most people are looking!

If I can be of any help, I would love the opportunity to help you. You can also check me out on my website at www. barbararobbinsolexa.com. I have been in the business 30+years selling in Lakewood,Long Beach and the Orange County surrounding communities.
Barbara Robbins-Olexa, Broker, e-Pro Internet Certified, SRES(R)
L B Brokerage
714-296-7270
bstrealtor@aol.com
http://www.barbararobbinsolexa.com
Ann,

Hi, where in Lakewood do you live. I was raised in Lakewood and raised my family in Lakewood and guess what, I'm still living in Lakewood. It would be my pleasure to assist you should you need representation. Please feel free to contact me, my email address is loubandb@ca.rr.com

Lou McNamee
Coldwell Banker
562-879-9677
Web Reference: http://loubandb.com
Summer is the best season for sales. You should be listing your home in the near future in order to take advantage of the selling season.