Home Selling in Howell>Question Details

dcrean3045, Home Buyer in Hawthorne, NJ

If I am a buyer, do I have to pay any or some kind of commission to my agent If they find me a house on a MLS? NJ client

Asked by dcrean3045, Hawthorne, NJ Mon Sep 2, 2013

Answers

6
Homes in Howell are listed in the Monmouth/Ocean MLS. All the current listings have the sellers paying the whole commission, this is the way it is 99% of the time in Howell and the surrounding towns. This is great for buyers, you can have a FULLTIME professional Realtor working for you and protecting your best interests and it doesn't cost you any money. Good luck on your upcoming purchase !!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 2, 2013
Generally speaking...
Most homes listed on the MLS already offer a commission to the buyer's broker (your broker), so no additional fee will need to be paid (by you).

If, however, you sign a buyer-broker's agreement, there may be a clause that holds you responsible for a commission if the seller isn't offering one (say, in the case of a "for sale by owner").

Speak with your agent for clarification.

Best wishes...........
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 2, 2013
Generally speaking it is the seller who pays the entire commission out of the proceeds of the sale. Do not fear going to an agent because of the commission as it will not be your responsibility. You will get your best advise from a licensed real estate agent familiar with the local communities. I certainly would be happy to help you and show you some properties in your chosen area and price range if you are not represented by an agent . If you are then follow the advice and guidance of that agent. If not then feel free to contact me at randycohen56@gmail.com. I am associated with Weichert Realty in Marlboro.
Commissions are usually paid by the sellers if their home is listed in MLS. In some circumstances if a buyer chooses to do so they can enter into a buyers agent agreement with an agent offering them a specific commission amount paid by the buyer if they find them a particular property they are looking for in the event the property is not listed or in MLS .
Your question is listed under "Home Selling in Howell" and yet you say you're a BUYER. and your profile says that you're in Hawthorne. It's confusing.

Are you looking to buy a house or condo in Monmouth County? As the other 3 agents said, in New Jersey the commission is almost always payed by the Seller, not the Buyer.

My advice: If you find a house that you like on Trulia, DON'T CALL THE LISTING AGENT! Find out why not by reading my blog with that title, listed under "Rumson, NJ".

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760

(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)

ldunikoski@dianeturton.com

http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com
All real estate commissions paid on real estate transactions are paid by the seller, unless a buyer signs a separate buyer's-broker agreement stating otherwise. As a buyer you get a professional Realtor protecting your interests at no cost to you. Good Luck with your real estate needs.

Ron Sheedy
Coldwell Banker
(732) 239-7452