Marisa Ganch, Home Owner in Irving, TX

I would like to sell my house through this website. For now I wouldn't go with a Realtor Agent. Can you give me some advices?

Asked by Marisa Ganch, Irving, TX Mon Dec 10, 2012

I tried to list the house but I couldn't go thru. Will you offer me this option after I complete all these steps? Thanks.

Answers

13
Pat O'Reilly’s answer
Marissa,
I would love to talk with you about selling your home. I know you are trying to sell by yourself. I do not blame you for trying to save money. It is a complex thing to do and can be very stressful. I would suggest you talking to a Realtor to get all the facts. A good local Realtor will be able to get you the exposure your home needs to sell, and give you the right information throughout the selling process to protect you and get you the most money in the shortest amount of time.
My information is on the material I have been sending you. If you would like to discuss your best options give me a call.

Pat
Yes - real estate is so simple that all you have to do is study it for two weeks and then you are ready to list your home as for sale. Wrong. There are concepts that are the same as placing items on the grocery shelf and marketing the items. The majority of the concepts are deep in complexity with an urgency attached to the learning curve. No, it is best to sign on with a realtor.
Hi Marisa,

As others have advised, to get your home on Trulia you must be listed with a broker. Please at least consider interviewing Realtors in your area. You may be surprised at how much they can help you that you are totally unaware of. I know it looks simple to advertise and find a buyer yourself, but there is much, much more involved in the process. Let someone tell you in person what the benefits are.
Marisa,

For Sale By Owner is not allowed here on Trulia. If you want your home here, you will have to list with a real estate agent. As Annette said below, 90% of homes are sold through a real estate agent.

Here is a deal I have offered to a few people: You want to sell your home on your own. How about you list your home for sale with me and if YOU bring the buyer, I will let you out of your contract and you don't pay a penny in commissions.

If you are interested, give me a call.

Brian Rayl
B&B Realty Group - Keller Williams Elite
214-601-4192
Brian@Rayl-Estate.com
http://FindDallasHomesForSale.com
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site....
Marisa,
Good for you! I love to see home owners who take an active interest in the sale of their home. Like you I look and seek out opportunities where I can save money, or do things faster or easier. I can see you are just like me. Like you I believe my money and my equity should stay in my pocket!
-
At the time I am writing this six professionals have responded based on their true and professional experience. These agents help buyers and seller through the process dozens of times a year. We actually do have some things of value to share and offer. But, that is not your question.
-
Trulia is a aggregate real estate website that obtains data from another data aggregater called listbub. The data you see here DOES NOT COME FOR THE MLS or REALTOR.com OR from AGENT ENTRY. Serious, qualified buyer will migrate to use serious tools, those connected to the MLS. Trulia does restrict the 'homes for sale' to be broker represented.
-
You have several choices you can make in selling your home. Option 1 - 4 will invariably attract unqualified buyers (can't get a mortgage) looking exclusively for Lease/Rent with option.
1. SOLO- put a sign in the yard, buy ad space, place on CL, ZW, YT, and Facebook.
2. Collaborate - use affiliate resources with contact databases
3. FSBO- pay $2,500 fee and wait
4. Discount- pay fee, pay advertising, but you do get an MLS submission
5. Limited - pay fee but be prepared to be exposed to potential liability.(includes 1-5)
6. Full service - Over 90% of homes are sold via full service real estate professionals. Most will more that offset the perceived cost in service savings and negotiation skills. This is especially important when dealing with the inevitable 'low appraisal' that will occur. How would you persuade the buyer to bring $20,000 in cash to the closing table to bridge the gap between the negotiated price and the appraisal value? Choices 1-5 will invariably result in the seller taking this $20,000 hit squarely on the end of the nose.
-
Yes, this all sounds self-serving and manipulative. Even at the risk of sounding that way, I only want you to make a sound decision. You may find it incredibly beneficial to call a Irving Texas professional and actually explore all the options available to you right there. Most agents have a flexible plan that can be tailored to your needs. They will all provide you a no-obligation, pressure free, consultation.

Best of success to you in selling your home,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://FirstLookHomes.us
Well it certainly sounds like a nice idea on your side, except that on Trulia for sale by owners FSBO can NOT list properties for sale. Here only real estate brokerages/Listing agents who have listings of homes on their professional multiple listing service can list properties on Trulia.

So the only way you can get your home on Trulia is by listing it with a local Realtor. And why would you
not do so, the advantages are numerous, from pricing your home RIGHT, high end marketing and advertising, brokers open houses, professional photos all over the internet, first class brochures,
expertise to stage and prepare your home for sale, all the professional expertise before listing the home, and throughout the process with having someone holding all the strings in one hand to make sure all goes well, inspection, appraisal, estimates, walk thru, lending issues etc. etc.

May be you want to reconsider and at least talk with an experienced local Realtor. If you need recommendations get back to us

I hope this helps...

Most Sincerely yours,
Edith
YourRealtor4Life and your Chicago
and Northern Illinois and RElocation Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
@Properties North Shore
Edith speaks French, German, Spanish & more
Get to know Edith and her Service her website is
http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com
Hi Marisa,

I agree with Kim that selling your home is not as easy as it sounds. Just be prepare for the stress that you have to deal with.

Just make sure its price right otherwise the longer it sits on the market the longer it will cost you! And make sure dont make any verbal agreement.

Dixon
JP and Associate
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
Marisa,
I don't think you can list yourself on this sight. The listings get picked up from the MLS that the realtors use. We have access to many websites that consumers don't. That's one of the benefits of using a realtor.

You might try a site like craigslist.....anyone can post there. We probably have better tools to post there, but you can do it yourself.

If you want to see what the competition looks like in La Villita, check out this website.
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/community/area/La+Villita/
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Marisa,

I agree with Pat. There is a lot more to selling a home than putting it on a website. What will the procedure be for showing the home to prospective buyers? Will you know if he prospective buyers that want to see your home are qualfied to purchase it? Are you willing to pay a buyer's agent commission since most of the buyers in that area use a buyers agent? Do you know what the market will bear on your home? Do you know how long homes priced correctly stay on the market in your area? What happens if a buyer wants you to pay some of their closing costs? What happens if your home doesn't appraise for the sale price? Do you know what a reasonable option period is? Do you know what an objection to a title commitment is? Do you know how to order a resale certificate through the HOA and what the charges for that run? Do you know what happens if a buyer has financing that falls apart? Do you know how to qualify a buyer? Those are just a very, very few of the many questions you need to know the answers to be able to get a deal to the closing table. The best advice you'll ever get is to hire a good agent to help you sell your home.
A common misconception is that most people think they can't afford to sell their house using an agent. The truth is the exact opposite. Unless you know someone who wants to buy your house, personally, you must market it. This is where it gets difficult and expensive. Everywhere you want to market your house charges upfront fees. You will pay for newspaper listings, internet listing, lawn signs, etc. All of this comes out of your pocket immediately. An agent only gets paid when you sell your house and the commission is removed from the sale price, which is determined by the help of your agent. Commission is also negotiable. The other most important part of using an agent is that you will have only pre-qualified buyers entering to view your home. This practice verifies that the strangers walking through your bedroom are exactly who they say they are. There are many behind the scenes things agents do that go unrecognized. An agent is more than the person that lists your house. An agent is responsible for your best interest.
Marissa,
Selling your home is complicated and stressfull. You may be able to sell it yourself, but it may be a wiser choice to use a Realtor. They can get you the most money for your home in the last amount of time.