Evdaniel, Both Buyer and Seller in 64131

I would like to sell my home, but it needs repairs that I can't afford. What are some of my options?

Asked by Evdaniel, 64131 Sat May 26, 2012

Answers

14
investors’ answer
We have investors that are willing to pay top dollar for homes that are in need of repairs in all areas of Kansas and Missouri. You may qualify for a rehab loan also (Capri Funding). Please call us to discuss your options. (888) 505-6915.
The vast majority of "retail" home buyers do not want to purchase a home that needs significant repairs. Even if they get a discount on purchase, most people do not want the hassle of buying a project.

This is where experienced residential real estate investors come in. They purchase "ugly" properties that need repairs or have other issues, fix them up, and sell or rent them.

Since the property needs work, you'll certainly get less than you would if it is in great condition, but of course repairs are expensive and not most home owners area of expertise.

At http://WeBuyHouses.com we make fair, cash offers on thousands of homes every single month all across the United States and Canada. Should you need to sell a home that needs significant (or even minor) repairs, we would be happy to make you an offer on it.

All the best, and as with ANY home buyer - do your research and check references before signing anything!
Web Reference: http://www.webuyhouses.com
Thanks to everyone who answered. I appreciate it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 3, 2012
My recommendation would be to locate 3 REALTORs and invite them to preview your home for a price estimate and brief listing presentation. When a home needs repairs, it's best to disclose it. The key is in the marketing! Do they have a lender that can offer home repair/rehab loans? Do they have investors they work with? Best of luck to you!
Call around to area Realtors that are recommended and selling homes in your area. They should be happy to check out your home and let you know what you can do in this situation.
Depending on your equity position and the overall condition of the home, I would be able to give you a cash offer on the spot. Give me a call if you want to explore that. I'm not a realtor, just an investor. Steve at 913-461-0402
Sell the property as is, the buyer can then still have an inspection and decide whether they want to do the repairs themselves, or a builder may want to buy it... You should consult with a Realtor which is the best way how to describe the property and market it...

All kinds of different ways, you can also offer out of the proceeds of the sale an amount at the closing table to help with the repairs, or the property can be offered as the value is in the land, or great opportunity for handyman or builder.

You need an experienced area Realtor to make recommendations after seeing your home.

I am wondering if the village health department and animal control is not taking care of RATS
Iknow that several suburban villages do take care of rats..... That would be my first call.....

Mice is another story, but rats I think they do check where they are nesting, they double check if they are still using the hide out, and then
they put poison to kill them....

Hope this helps.
Edith
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 26, 2012
Depends on your situation. Are you upside down on your mortgage? We work with investors that can help. Please call my wife, Debbie 816-718-4902 or myself 816-718-4901
Travis Taylor
Business And Real Estate Solutions, LLC
816-331-0817
Evdaniel,

You have several options. Here are a few examples 1) Sell as is (no repairs performed by seller), 2) Perform a short sale & etc. Of course the home has to be priced accordingly to the repairs needed & what the current market can withstand. I would suggest to get started soon so myself or one the other agent can sell your home quickly. If you have any questions please contact me anytime at 816-863-7797. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance

Michael Diggs
Realty Executives
Depending on the type of repairs, and whether a lender would be involved, you will need to sell your home "as is" and then price it accordingly. If a lender will be involved, they may require that repairs be made before they will approve a loan. You can normally make repairs, that are cost effective, to satisfy lender needs.

I would appreciate the opportunity to assist you in buying/selling your home if you are looking for a Realtor. Thanks.

Dan Stiles
Platinum Realty
816-606-5810
There are options for you and your family. Each case is unique and will need to be evaluated individually. Give me a call and we can discuss this. John Tapp, 816-518-2382, http://www.4salekc.com.
Selling a home is about pricing it in accordance with the market. The level of repairs needed are factored into that price. The more repairs, the lower the price. If you truly cannot afford to repair, then you're looking at much lower list price, not just lower by the cost of the repairs.
A home that visibly needs repairs gives a sense that it hasn't been kept up and may have underlying problems, which can keep Buyers from making an offer, taking longer to sell. You'll be more likely to see an offer and may be able to sell for more, if the home is super clean and decluttered. Spend some time and elbow grease deep cleaning, packing up things you don't need until you move and, if possible, fixing smaller surface problems that are more affordable. It'll give Buyers a sense of pride in your home that will help them swallow the repairs needed.
You have options. Give me a call and I can discuss with you.
Sherri oaks
816/365-8660
Sherri oaks
816/365-8660