Yharris426, Home Buyer in Orbisonia, PA

I would like to sell my home after a year and half. I bought a home build from the ground up. Is this a bad idea?

Asked by Yharris426, Orbisonia, PA Wed Feb 12, 2014

Answers

4
As your other replies indicate, there are a lot of factors in determining if now is a good time to sell. I did some quick research for you though and there is only one home that sold this year in your zip code that was a resale of a newer home. The home was built in 2012 and then resold this year for 6% less than it did in 2012. This may be an indication that it might not be the best time to sell. Of course, the only way to find out for sure is to talk with a couple of real estate agents and get their professional opinion. Thank you and good luck.
The Trulia community needs more information to answer your question. Things to consider without more information: Would your house be a short sale? Income tax considerations? You should contact a local realtor to learn more about your situation.
Hi Dan. There is a lot to consider in order to answer your question. I suggest you reach out to a couple of realtors who can provide you with a market analysis and also look at your unique circumstances (financing, if any, special features, how your home compares to other new homes in the area, etc.) so that you can determine if selling is in your best interest, or if waiting may be a better option for you at this time. The Cleveland market varies from city to city. There is a lot to consider. Good luck!
Yharris,
I don't know. We don't have enough information to really advise you based on what little you wrote. In many markets the past year and a half has seen some nice appreciation. Did you build for a below market price? Did you make decisions which will be too personal to appeal to a broad array of buyers?
I would suggest you have 2-4 local agents meet with you and give you a sense of the value and appeal of your home in the current market. Ask they suggest a price range and any suggestions they might have to make your home marketable, but don't take their suggestions personally.
Once you've heard from at least three, you'll have a good idea of whether now is a good time or if you need to wait.