Home Selling in Philadelphia>Question Details

Dounan, Home Seller in Philadelphia, PA

I would like to sell my Oxford Circle (19124) home in the near future. How long should I wait to put it on the market?

Asked by Dounan, Philadelphia, PA Wed Mar 21, 2012

I purchased a house in the Oxford Circle section of Philadelphia in 2008 when the estimated value of the home was around 95,000. That estimate has dropped $20,000 in the last 4 years. Do signs point to the housing market rebounding in that area?

Answers

10
Hi Dounan,

Unfortunately, that area of the City, many areas of NE like Oxford Circle prices still seem to be trending downward.

As others state below, There is no time like the present. This is the beginning of the Spring Selling Season. These next few months April, May & June are prime selling time.

I am marketing a triplex for sale at 1401 Alcott St in Oxford Circle now. In the last 2 weeks I have received more inquiries and interest in the entire 2 months prior. This means now is the time people are looking.

Please feel free to contact me directly. I'd be happy to meet you and tour your property. We can discuss how I can help you sell your home for the highest price as soon as possible.

Have a great day. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL: (267) 254-7994
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 22, 2012
Honestly Dounan, there's no time like the present.

If you would like to go over your goals for why you want to sell, and to see what your options are, I'd be more than happy to sit down with you and talk about it.

Keep me posted.

Tim
267-879-2716
PhillyUrbanLiving@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 21, 2012
Hi Dounan,
I agree with Scott's answer....We were in an over-inflated market when you purchased, and I highly doubt we will get to those prices again any time soon, if ever. Absolutely make sure your home is competitive with the others, and it is staged! This should help you sell for the best market price in the quickest time.
If you would like me to email you comps of the homes in your area, or provide a stager or even a market analysis of your home, just contact me!

Barbara Berue
Keller WIlliams Realty
610-513-8900 cell
610-520-0100 office
bberue@kw.com
It is sad to hear but please note most people who bought from 2006-2009 are in similiar situations.

Your not going to recovery that $20,000 any time soon. So it comes down to what you want/need to do next. You can hope to make that loss back in your future home purchase, explore a short sale option, or keep the home as a rental property. You need to find an agent that will explore all the options for you so you can make a smart decision. My only advice is that you need to trust the agent that gives you the worst information as that is usually the most honest and truthful.

The good news is business is picking up and alot more buyers are out there. Bad news is they are picky and have alot to pick from. So start today making your home better then your competition. The more you showcase what a deal the buyer is getting the better.

Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com

As a trained architect and skilled realtor, let me help you navigate all aspects of owning a home.
Dounan,

If you are underwater, why sell. stay put, build equity, wait for recovery.

if you have equity, and have motivations to move. list now.

the spring market has hit as early and strongly as the warm weather. early returns are for a fairly good year, and this is the best time of each and any year. inventory is relatively low, and interest rates are still low, but forecast to rise in the intermediate term.

the market is not returning to 2004 anytime soon. but it is good now. take advantage. if you are moving up, this is an absolutely great time to do that. low interest rates provide you great buying power, and your home should be easier to sell, (thus a better deal for you) than a larger more expenisve home you;d buy - also a better deal for you.

stop reading, call an agent. i'm a good one, there are others too.

john leonard
long & foster
610-742-9389
john.leonard@lnf.com
I think prices will not bottom out till end of year and not expecting any increase for more than a few years.
This seems to be most real estate agents thought. Best time to sell in this market is now.Good luck. contact me any time .
Some decissions you will have to make 10when do you ant to move? 2)Where do you want to move? This is important because you have to consider what the market that your buying into is doing. 3)how is the net proceeds going to effect the sale of your house. As you can see there is more to the dicesion then the signs of the market. Every Seller deals with the market when they sell and then another market in the area they but in. If you want to sit down and make an exit plan call me at 215-724-5700 and we can plan what your needs and want are and the best way to achieve the best results you want.
Philip Cunningham REALTOR
V.I.P Realty
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia,PA19152
Hello Dounan,

That’s the neighborhood that I grew up in the 70's. I use to sell news papers on Sunday in front of St Martin’s Parish.
Now I’m selling Houses for the last 16 years.
I could give you a market analysis + crunch some numbers with you?

Feel free to give me a call?

All the Best, John Curci RE/MAX Properties 215-757-2889
Web Reference: http://www.HomeCatch.com
It depends when you need it to sell. But do remember-it may stay on the market for some time. Try to give it at least 4 months just to be certain.
I would be happy to help you with your sale and we can certainly agree on comission.
Please feel free to call me any time.
Dmytro V. Bova
Realty Mark The Diamond Group
Main Line Investors Group
610-348-8389
Hi

Do not hold off. Our company business is up 40% this February versus last February. Buyers are buying and interest rates are highly competitive - email me with your contact information and I will provide you with a Market Analysis based upon your property to discuss listing. I will find you a qualified buyer.

anabarlow@gmail.com

Ana Barlow Coldwell Banker Preferred Philadelphia

http://www.anabarlow.com