Home Selling in Warrendale>Question Details

Leslie, Home Seller in Warrendale, Detroit,...

I would like to sell a home in Warrendale area of Detroit as turnkey. I need to make at least $47K.

Asked by Leslie, Warrendale, Detroit, MI Wed May 14, 2008

I think I can make it spectacular (for the area) for about $1500 - 2000. Basically paint, refinishing hardwood floors, kitchen cabinet and counter upgrade, new gas stove, and replace electrical service entrance to house.

I don't want to lose money, but I want a quick sale. I thought if I made it move-in ready, all they need is their clothes and furniture, it would sell quicker.

Is it wise to put that amount of money into the home? It's a 3 bedroom bi/tri-level (basement is 3rd level and has "daylight" windows), 1 bath with a toilet in the basement.

Answers

2
Leslie, You are correct that most homes in move in condition sell faster than those requiring cosmetic repairs. Furished homes also usually sell faster. This does not mean your home will sell for more.

Because you have already determined how much your home is worth, I suggest getting a not for refinance appraisal prior to making your next move. That way, if you are not going to get 47K for your home, you will know that in advance. An appraisal would be around 300 dollars.

If you would rather have a real estate professional come to your home and provide comparable sales I can recommend a couple from my office. Real estate agents can provide a range of value for your home based upon recent activity, There is no cost.
Web Reference: http://mi-living.com
I suggest talking with a Realtor that knows the market. Look at the compeitoin, how does yours compare now, what would you need to do to make your the "best deal" in the market area?

I like your thinking, the true question is what is the competition doing?
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA